Who's good at identifying spiders?

moorey

call me Mia
Actual footage of Johnny. [video=youtube_share;B0JBOBsLQ1A]https://youtu.be/B0JBOBsLQ1A[/video]

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
There's clearly a reason that most spiders are only active at night. They aren't interested in children and are quite afraid of chickens.

Humans on the other hand are merely stupid.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
So this fucker literally walked up to me in the workshop the other night.
Any ideas? At first I thought Huntsman....but second glance looks different...?
(I put him in a plastic tub & then threw him (her?) over the fence.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
not venomous (Or at least not enough to kill us) though but you'll sure as fuck know about the bite though.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had a huntsman on my shorts the other day, must of been walking around for 5 mins before I got outside and realised. Scared the piss outta me, I got undressed slowly in the car park. In the end he was super sick and just wanting somewhere to hide. Was I popped him under the stairs, sometimes I wonder if we could of been friends.
But seriously, I don’t think you are going to find much in your back yard that will cause your kids more trouble then a painful bite, unless maybe they find a funnel web.
Last year, a 22-year-old died in Australia from a suspected bite by a redback spider. It was believed to be the nation's first death from a spider since a fatal funnel-web attack in 1979”
So nearly 40 years with 1 spider death, personally, spider danger is way down on my list. And anyway, they mostly come out at night, mostly........

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I had a huntsman on my shorts the other day, must of been walking around for 5 mins before I got outside and realised. Scared the piss outta me, I got undressed slowly in the car park. In the end he was super sick and just wanting somewhere to hide. Was I popped him under the stairs, sometimes I wonder if we could of been friends.
But seriously, I don’t think you are going to find much in your back yard that will cause your kids more trouble then a painful bite, unless maybe they find a funnel web.
Last year, a 22-year-old died in Australia from a suspected bite by a redback spider. It was believed to be the nation's first death from a spider since a fatal funnel-web attack in 1979”
So nearly 40 years with 1 spider death, personally, spider danger is way down on my list. And anyway, they mostly come out at night, mostly........
They never report the stats on drop bear attacks, must be to avoid scaring the tourists.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
They never report the stats on drop bear attacks, must be to avoid scaring the tourists.
Had a Pom working for me in a previous job. We had him going for a full two weeks before he got suspicious.

As for spiders, I've never heard of an unprovoked attack. I only kill the black ones, and only if they're indoors. The rest I catch and release, and only if they're within reach of the floor. We had four Huntsmen of various ages on our ceiling last spring.

safreek

Big spider fan here, I won't let the partner kill them, relocate the nasty bastard, let the big wall spiders have free reign.
I have been bitten by many a spider and a snake and bear them no ill will. Now ticks, they are just plain and simple pricks, kill em all I say

safreek

Had a Pom working for me in a previous job. We had him going for a full two weeks before he got suspicious.

As for spiders, I've never heard of an unprovoked attack. I only kill the black ones, and only if they're indoors. The rest I catch and release, and only if they're within reach of the floor. We had four Huntsmen of various ages on our ceiling last spring.
Glad you didn't change your name because of that "other" spider

We'll get along splendidly if they get the fuck off my property.

Honestly, they aren't allowed inside my house anymore, that is that (exceptions made for daddy long legs and dudes smaller than a 5c piece). The backyard, I can live with that but having a horde of little kids running around a backyard that has a bunch of spiders in it just doesn't sound like the right thing to do, when the spiders don't pay rent or at least pull some weeds.
You said daddy long legs, I'm posting this again

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Tumbleweed deserved global recognition. As did The Fauves. Still do.
I just don't think Tumbleweed could have been arsed with international notoriety!
never missed a Canberra gig in the late 90's and early 00's, although my memory is a little hazy from those years too;)
Dogs ARE the best people!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Fuck the fauves. We used to throw sausages at them when they played around here. No idea how it started but it was a bit of a thing in the late 90s.