Who's interested in rider training??

boltz

Likes Dirt
I'd like to get an idea of the level of interest in a rider training day organized through TMBC.
It could focus on beginner and intermediate level riders, using an accredited coach, at Jubilee Park.
For those wanting more down hill oriented skills there is training available at Gap Creek in Brisbane.
This is something the club may be able to subsidize (for members) using grant money.
If this interests you reply here or PM me, and we'll take it further at the next meeting.

nimrodx

Likes Dirt
I'd be interested at the intermediate level.

And I believe my wife and boy (not sure if he is our youngest member, but he joined the other day) would be interested at beginner level.

Matt

rspy

Cannon Fodder
rider training

one more here- beginner/intermediate xc. have plenty of experience doing the hard slog, but after walking for a LOT of the singletrail at Logan's Run today- it's time I actually learnt how to stay on the bike.

TCV

Cannon Fodder
my son and i would be interested in learning some more skills (other than out of a book or video)

Best77

Cannon Fodder
Very keen on any training that might be available and got a mate who has just become a member who would also jump on board. So count 2 people in for intermediate XC.
Mark

snidz27

Likes Bikes
Trainer

Don't know what the plan is, but I'm sure JP from Adare would be interested in helping us out here, he's a mtb coach. His place would be easy work for the entry level training, with the climbs cut out. Maybe split the training between here and there

I can approach him if required

Ben

Road Rage Ryan

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe we should see also if Jared wanted to host some technical training? We have a decent budget to work with grant money. He is the best rider in town and a top bloke to boot.

Also maybe we could engage John Rafter from a fitness training perspective.

I was more looking at it from utilising our current pool of members to help with this training and if it helps a club member financially I am all for pushing business there way.

Anyway we will discuss this at the meeting and perhaps get some ideas down and put it to the vote.

snidz27

Likes Bikes
Maybe we should see also if Jared wanted to host some technical training? We have a decent budget to work with grant money. He is the best rider in town and a top bloke to boot.

Also maybe we could engage John Rafter from a fitness training perspective.

I was more looking at it from utilising our current pool of members to help with this training and if it helps a club member financially I am all for pushing business there way.

Anyway we will discuss this at the meeting and perhaps get some ideas down and put it to the vote.
Makes perfect sense to me

boltz

Likes Dirt
Thanks to everyone who has shown interest so far. Just to keep you updated, we just need to find out who can do what and where.
We should have some dates / details after the next club meeting (12/9).