Why does every kid want a Stinky for a fist full swish?

Mason

Likes Dirt
I have noticed so many kids would rather have a Kona Stinky then a Norco Drop or launch? Now eaither these kids don't know anything at all, or they are just getting the name.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
I personnally haven't heard the greatest things about norco in the last while. Although I know nothing about stinkys... Apparently norcos dh line are very unreliable. But then again, that may not be the same for those two bikes you mentioned.

Mason

Likes Dirt
Pana said:
I personnally haven't heard the greatest things about norco in the last while. Although I know nothing about stinkys... Apparently norcos dh line are very unreliable. But then again, that may not be the same for those two bikes you mentioned.
Do lots of kids ride Stinky's in Aus?

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
I haven't seen many kona's period. But then again, I don't race..

Someone please post to prove me wrong.

belly_up

Likes Dirt
well, 2/3 of the bikes for sale in our classifieds are Stinky's :D . But i've never seen many in Toowoomba. not that that means much :lol:

no_3

Likes Bikes
ther's one gettinn round in toowoomba, it's the only one i've seen, you see a feqw at the races , but not many, more norco's around for sure, maybe it's just cause they have a fairly big race team tho

Ty

Eats Squid
in brisbane i reckon there are twice as many norcos dullies compared to konas. i'm not sure if that a reflection of the bike shops or what people want to ride (you can buy a norco in every shop in brisbane but only 2 sell konas or something like that)

DOM

Eats Squid
Alota bikes

Remember last fellcrag round Ty ..
there was like a bloody AC division.
Giant are in the fortune 500 I beleive.
they are massive.. make alotacash.

lindsay

Likes Dirt
Every kid wants to be a freerider and kona has that image with the stinkys. Norcos i think are a better dh bike but snap rear swingarms continuously. It's just the new generation of mtb'ers, thay all want to be freeriders.

Doogs

Likes Bikes
hehehe, that was b-grade. there were like 8 of us, all AC riders. ahaha. next fellcrag is a no go...very $$$, and just to snap another part of my *reliable* bike

beware

Likes Bikes
in townsville i don't know wether any of the bike shops deal with norco specifically, i know there is a good kona stockist though

Adi

It's my birthday!
Lol, yea I wonder why everyone wants a duallie. I have never seen a decent suallie around Perth. I totally agree with the image thing, also I think that many younger MTBers around the place think that a duallie is always better than a HT, in any circumstance.

Its something like this:

'If i have a duallie, I will look better than a person on a HT, because everyone will think i can go big'

Thats the way of thinking around here :roll:

More people should see what can be done on a HT around here, before jumping to conclusions.

Theres my $0.02 :wink:

alshogun

Likes Bikes
i agree with you - heaps of people probably ride a duallie cos it looks cool, but you can go just as hard on a hard tail!!!

i have a Norco HT cos i prefered it to the Konas - but that was just my own opinion

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
Yeah i have a stinky and it is a good bike for the price. you get a decent spec for the money that you pay in OZ.

I work in a bike shop and have found that NORco has a funny dealer policy which means they aren't sold in many shops over here. If ya dont have the bikes on display then you cant sell them. Our shop doesn't sell Konas (i had to get mine through another shop because of insurance) but i reckon they are a good brand. Much the same as Norco.

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
i think i confused you Josh. I just read back what i said, and i wasn't as clear as i should have. There dealer policy makes you have to order a certain amount of bikes very early on in the year and as i've read on nsmb.com they are having huge troubles delivering a lot of bikes this year. What shop can wait for their bikes for months when customers are hanging out for them?

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I guess there just trying to be like any company struggling for market share.

It's only going to lose them customers. I know I wouldnt wait a few months for a bike I ordered, would drive me nuts!

SpectRe

Likes Dirt
At last years interschools (thredbo) the stinky's were pretty popular and there were one or two around wherever u went through the village - but this year most had upgraded to rigs like the 03 Giant DH Comp.

frank-oi

Likes Dirt
yeah it's just cuse every kids want s to be a big hitter.

but the thing is why would you want to buy a norco drop you get 3 year old forks on it. don't think that they just used it for the photo. you do actually get jr T's that have the bolt on brace. and the not as good 20 mm drop outs as the new ones.
why norco introduced 2000 model forks back into it's '03' line up is totally over my head.