Wich frame size, and wich freecoaster?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18757
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18757

Hey everyone, a couple of questions.

Soon I am going to buy a S&M LTF soon. I'm 5'11 and only 14, so i'm still growing. I was thinking of getting a 20.5 or a 20.75?

And wich would be better, a Federal Freecoaster with a 3 piece axle or the KHE Reverse ACB? As in wich would need less maintenance and bearing replacement.

Can I put a 3 piece axle in a KHE Reverse ACB?

Any help appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

NICK_J-LOVE

Likes Dirt
not 100% sure, but i think that the federal coaster has khe internals so it should be inter-change-able i-cant-spell. and for the frame, im like 5'6 and have a grim reaper with a 20.5 top tube and its really comfy in my opinion

D

Deleted member 18757

The Federal freecoaster would be interchangeable with what? :p I don't think you read the post properly or i'm missing something...

xero

Supersports
The Federal is a KHE Reverse (KHE internals with a different hub shell)
You can replace the existing Federal/ Reverse internals with the KHE Geisha 3 piece system.

If you want a 3 piece axel system why not just buy a Geisha Street?

D

Deleted member 18757

The thing is I already have a Federal FC but the bearings die every week. I know you can replace the Reverse/Federal internals with the Geisha 3 piece axle, but am unsure if you can replace the Reverse ACB (the one with bushings) with a 3 piece axle and am unsure wich would be stronger, the Federal with the 3 piece axle or the KHE Reverse ACB.

DJKrusn

Likes Bikes
yes i agree i have federal fc too there so shit haha it blows bearings all the time and is really gay
looking for somewhere to purchase 3 piece axle system bcoz i like the color of the federal
just get the geisha light it looks more reliable than the besa block they call a federal coaster lol

DJKrusn

Likes Bikes
oi sweet how much is the 3 peice axle
because its either keep freecoaster and buy that
or buy profile agen becasue trails with freecoaster suck ass haha

moosegoose

Likes Bikes and Dirt
if you get the reverse ACB you dont need a 3 peice axle. its good and the bush thing stops the bearings dieing.

the whole point in the reverse is having a solid axle but until the ACB it didnt last long (the bearings died like in your federal)

i would recomend either reverse ACB or a 3 peice axle for your federal.

Big_Chief

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hayden, dont get any bigger than the 20.75. im 6'4 and i ride one, and im fairly sure that you probably wont get to be as massive as me.

personally i would say for you to get the 20.5