wide, flat carbon bars - what is out there?

mitchy_

Llama calmer
i'm looking for some carbon bars, need to be 760mm + wide, and have no rise. all black would be preferable as well.

thomson's flat carbon bars would have been perfect, but they aren't wide enough. the front runner at the moment is the new Enve sweep bar... i'm just not sure my anus is wide enough to accept the price yet.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I've Enve flat bars on the Epic, amazing in all regards. Price is indeed fuck off silly but they are very comfy, they cut down on trail buzz considerably. Previous carbon bar was 3T, was nice but not as nice

bear the bear

Is a real bear
3t do a 740mm with 9d sweep and a 720mm with 3d sweep.
Shorter than what you are after, but I run 'em on all my bikes and they don't cost me a kidney....

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I couldn't find any, ended up settling for 15mm rise carbon Answers for $130 from CRC

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
I've Enve flat bars on the Epic, amazing in all regards. Price is indeed fuck off silly but they are very comfy, they cut down on trail buzz considerably. Previous carbon bar was 3T, was nice but not as nice
Same!

Prefer the comfort of the Enve over the Thomson bars on my SC TBc.

Enve are worth the price.

JASER

Likes Dirt
I roll with Enve bars and bloody love em also.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I was scared cutting the Enve bars down, so I cut the end out of the oury's and slid everything inwards and ran in what is the 720mm position for over two weeks, no way I was joining the fuckwits thread via too narrow Enve bars.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Niner RDO?

Basically 0 rise.... ( says 5mm but look flat)

http://www.ninerbikes.com/rdohandlebar_2
they fit the bill, but their colours are ghastly! anything other than black is going to stand out like a sore thumb.

3t do a 740mm with 9d sweep and a 720mm with 3d sweep.
Shorter than what you are after, but I run 'em on all my bikes and they don't cost me a kidney....
definitely need wider. current bars are 780. could do 760, but no less.

I couldn't find any, ended up settling for 15mm rise carbon Answers for $130 from CRC
rise isn't an option unfortunately. 160mm 29er be a huuuuuge bitch.

I was scared cutting the Enve bars down, so I cut the end out of the oury's and slid everything inwards and ran in what is the 720mm position for over two weeks, no way I was joining the fuckwits thread via too narrow Enve bars.
for what they cost, i'd be making a set of ear rings out of the off cuts.

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah, no risk of a contribution with that little number.

betadine

Likes Bikes
Another Enve advocate

i've also got the Enve flat bars (SWP) and love them. zero rise, very smooth, bike handles great.

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
that thread needs more carbon bar submissions - we know they're out there

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
I know you said no rise but renthal fatbar carbons in 10mm could be ok maybe ? I know the enduro 29 front end is quite tall though .