Wide narrow direct mount chainring for BB30?

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I'm up for a replacement chain ring and would really like to try something other than the Sram direct mount W/N rings, which are expensive and just don't seem to last long at all. Someone on here once said that they thought Sram started making them out of cheese to save weight and I think I have to agree...

Running BB30, I'm pretty sure that I need zero offset, which is making it hard to find alternative options. I really wanted to try the Raceface ring, but it seems they only make them with 6 degree offset for GXP. I think it's the same with Wolftooth and Blackspire, but this crucial information is often left out from the product descriptions. I have seen oval ones, but I'm not interested in that.

Is anyone with BB30 running anything other than a Sram direct mount ring?

##edit, it seems that Wolf Tooth do make a BB30 option.

Carry on - nothing to see here...

Last edited:

Ivan

Eats Squid
Yes it would look good in an art gallery - not sure about on a bike though...
I've seen two on bikes. Both looked awesome.

I would have bought one if they had made that pattern in GXP, but ended up with wolftooth.

kbekus

Likes Dirt
If you need one made out of cheese in a hurry I've got a SRAM 34T 0 degree offset direct mount. It's got a few hours use on it.

ctguru

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How many tooth? I've got a 32T BB30 brand new you can have for $70 posted, Wolftooth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Got 2 of the Absolute Black rings, 1 round and 1 oval on my XX1 cranks. Definitely not made of cheese, nor for hanging on the wall.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Reckon I have a brand new XX1 ring here, unsure of tooth count... either 32 or 34.