Widest Alloy Rims

hazza6542

Eats Squid
Wow. That bad?
8 trips to the top of thredbo, 2 successful runs down without a tire bursting off the rim. Flat spots could be pulled out but at such angles the rim stopped holding tires altogether. Front has held up but the 35mm internal really needs a suitable tire to match.

Richard Devey

Likes Bikes
Awesome wheel set super easy to run tubeless, although very hard to get the minion and high roller on, ashetically pleading aswell.

slimjim1

Fat boomers cloggin' ma leaderboard
I recently spent some time on a set of alloy roval fattie's. Coming off 22mm internal carbon wheels, I was very impressed by the fattie's.

Felt stiff enough despite low spoke count, and light enough. Was running a purgatory control front and ground control rear, tyres which I have used before and feel a tad flimsy in the sidewall, but on these wheels running the same pressure, they had insane grip! I feel I could get away with lighter tyres on these rims. Overall very impressed.

In fact, the new steed is coming with a set and I will likely stick with them over the carbon wheels. Carbon fattie's would be even better :happy:

Rider_of_Bikes

Likes Dirt
I just built up a set of Roval Fattie 28h with hope pro 4's ad DT comp spokes. 1900g overall with black brass nipples. Rock solid thus far! So was my last set as well!