Wild Mersey, Tassie's next big MTB project

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Great news, but also pisses me off. Spent 10 years in Tassie, but back then all we had to do was poke roadkill with sticks and determine how related you were to the girl you were about to hook up with before you got another few Boags in and it didn't matter anyway.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
s
Great news, but also pisses me off. Spent 10 years in Tassie, but back then all we had to do was poke roadkill with sticks and determine how related you were to the girl you were about to hook up with before you got another few Boags in and it didn't matter anyway.
Still do that now, but we ride bikes in between :D

PJO

in me vL comy
Once this (100km), St. Helens (60+km & 40km new Blue Tier link), Derby/Weldborough (~80km), and Maydena (100km) are all done it will take at least two weeks to do a complete lap/map of Tassie. Better start saving up your leave, more good times ahead. :)

edit: not counting all the local trails!

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I've been involved with this project the last 4 years and great to see it finally kick off.
100km of trails once completed 10min from the Spirit of Tasmania ferry.

http://www.theadvocate.com.au/story/5162408/funding-for-bike-trail/?cs=87

Anyone interested in more details can join the group.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/697666843614644/
Shit yeah Stredda!
Much gratitude for your efforts.
I'm sure some of the red tape & delays & beauracracy was frustrating at times, but it looks like it'll be bloody awesome real soon.
I live in Launnie & ride everywhere from Derby to Stubbs Rd. Can't wait to add this to the list...

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

discofrank

Likes Dirt
Looks like tassie is ahead of the time in regards to MTB
compared to anywhere else in AUS particularity WA!

Stredda

Th
Shit yeah Stredda!
Much gratitude for your efforts.
I'm sure some of the red tape & delays & beauracracy was frustrating at times, but it looks like it'll be bloody awesome real soon.
I live in Launnie & ride everywhere from Derby to Stubbs Rd. Can't wait to add this to the list...

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
Thanks mate, it took way longer than I ever anticipated (over 4 years now) but I will be happy when we start turning dirt.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Tassie really is going to be the come to place to ride. Good to see these projects going ahead. We really are spoilt for choice now. Can’t wait

clockworked

Like an orange
They're making it difficult to pick an area in tassie to move to!

Who'd pick hobart, and who'd go Launceston area?

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
can you really pick a bad town when there only a 3hr drive away? "oh no, another cheeky overnighter at derby again, these hobart trails sure are getting boring.........."

sutts

Likes Bikes
I've got a bunch of extended family living in Railton :)

Holidays back to see them just got a whole lot better!

Stredda

I've got a bunch of extended family living in Railton :)

Holidays back to see them just got a whole lot better!
That's fortunate, you will be right in the middle of the whole network. The main trail head will be at Goliath Park in Railton

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
They're making it difficult to pick an area in tassie to move to!

Who'd pick hobart, and who'd go Launceston area?

Went down a few weeks ago and I couldn't fault anything central or southside of Hobart. Great food, easy going, it was quiet even compared to Geelong. Long term Im pretty set on getting down there. Can't see a reason not to honestly with pricing etc here on the mainland, although Hobart is starting to see decent growth now as people cotton on..