Wild Mersey, Tassie's next big MTB project

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I've lived in both too (and on NW coast), and I'd now take Hobart over Launny. But as others have pointed out, its a quick cruise between them.
Ahh one day my dream job will come up down there!

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've lived in both too (and on NW coast), and I'd now take Hobart over Launny. But as others have pointed out, its a quick cruise between them.
Ahh one day my dream job will come up down there!
Haha, lived on the NW as well and you're wrong L>H...well except the jobs thing, getting sick of being unemployed, great for riding though, crap for bike buying power.

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
I predict I'll be down there permanently before we see out 2018. Spent 3 weeks there again over xmas with the family and the more I go the more I love the place. Melburn is just getting too hectic.
I've got a boat booked for moving on March 24th...

I'm becoming very tired of Melbourne.
It seems like I'm nearly in a car accident on a daily basis now just driving 15km to and from work. Everything is getting really overwhelming.

Need some quiet...

Flow-Rider

Burner
Great news, but also pisses me off. Spent 10 years in Tassie, but back then all we had to do was poke roadkill with sticks and determine how related you were to the girl you were about to hook up with before you got another few Boags in and it didn't matter anyway.
s

Still do that now, but we ride bikes in between :D
Funny you blokes say that because a friend married his cousin's step daughter down there. I wonder what the future will possess with all this integration of new blood lines.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
Kentish Council are seeking tenders from suitably qualified and experienced mountain bike trail builders to construct part of Stage 1 of the Wild Mersey Mountain Bike Trails.

Trails will be constructed in Warrawee and Railton, and linking the two areas.

To register your interest and obtain an electronic Tender package contact Aleasha Goss at Kentish Council on (03) 6491 0200 or aleasha.goss@kentish.tas.gov.au

Tenders close at 2pm on Friday 29th June 2018.

Stredda

September 17 start date for the stage 1 Warrawee trails part of the Wild Mersey network! Weather permitting construction on this part will be complete by Christmas. Congratulations to Marcelo at Next Level Mountain Bike for the successful tender.

Stredda

Put in a few hours there yesterday, some really nice tracks, definitely worth checking out!
It's a good start! Stage 2 is where the project really steps up. Hopefully mid 2019 this part will kick off.