Willo Race Results

Slezoj

Likes Dirt
Hi Guys I have to admit that it was amazingly well organized race. Great organization, great stuff for every competitor in a bag, great MC, gear result board, super fast results online, fast presentation. I wish you would have more events like this. Thank you.

RUBENA TIRES ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dottyman

Likes Dirt
Why can't all races be this good?

Hi Guys I have to admit that it was amazingly well organized race. Great organization, great stuff for every competitor in a bag, great MC, gear result board, super fast results online, fast presentation. I wish you would have more events like this. Thank you.

RUBENA TIRES ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have to agree and also add the starts were well planned to avoid the congestion so often seen when the singletrack starts. Ample convenient parking, great campsites that are free, quick and easy rego, including a hassle free category swap, great coffee and food, superfriendly vibe, fantastic groomed singletrack that just gets better every time I ride it. Lets hope for a dry March next year (that cold start was brutal).

mittagongmtb

Likes Dirt
What can one say - two great cycle clubs combined to produce a most memorable event in honour to a most memorable young man! As I forced my way up one of those heart racing climbs I gathered my thoughts to Willo who trained the same routes or some like it.

Congratulations to Meg and her great team from SHCC and CORC. Where else will you find?..
  • efficient pre-race-registration
  • a timely re-scheduling of the first washed out event
  • efficient allocated parking
  • a fantastic way to sign on which will provide a great momento for signature scapbookers
  • friendly and straight forward picking up of rider packs - great T shirt and some nice touches in honour of Amy Gillet and Willo
  • a great start (forget about the fact that it was freezing in the wind chill factor of -10C - organisers can't control the weather...)
  • no bottle necks
  • well marshalled
  • timely presentation
  • a great junior race and kids races
  • well supported by sponsors, club canteen, organizations such as Forest NSW and RFS
  • a great bunch of riders from all levels, mixing it on the trails
  • well done Russ for another great exhibition of your affordable timing system (hey - we use it too at SHCC and it is very verstalile and affordable for any xc MTB club or event organizer... who needs expensive chip systems, even though I heard one competitor concerned that the venet didn't have electronic chip sysem....?))
  • results that are up within hours of event conclusion....
  • money generated being poured back to the health of the sport - thanks Meg et al for the Willo Fund for young riders, (many who rode today representing SHCC, CORC and SCUM).

All in all I'm grateful to to belong to such a great club! For those who put in the hard yards - thank you! Sorry Peter and I had to leave so soon - family obligations in Sydney.

Rida

Likes Bikes
+ Another.
Awesome race. Great organisation - Thanks to Meg, CORC and Southern Highlands Cycling Club and everyone else involved.

October26

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was looking forward to this so much after last year and I was not disapointed.
Wind was a bit tough in a few of the fire road sections (Volunteers to make more singletrack anyone?). Hate to admit it but I did my share of roadie style drafting on these sections.

How good was that singletrack!
How good is it that you get a sweet T-shirt and waterbottle for about half the entry cost of other races!
How good was the sign on sheet! They were lucky I didn't steal it and take it home!

Parking and entry were easy as.

A good win by Dylan Cooper too.

gibbon

Cannon Fodder
Again, a big thanks to Meg and everyone else for putting on what is now my favourite race! There is so much that is wonderful about it, and then there's the sweet, sweet trails!

Unfortunately i left on a sour note as some lowly prick decided to steal my water bottles from my feeding table & crate, sometime after i went out for my 3rd lap. I couldn't believe that would happen. That sort of person has no right to be anywhere near a race at great as the Willo.
I can only hope their time will come as "there's not a spot where karma can't come and reach ya" :(

But back to the love, I look forward to racing for Willo next year!

John#482

Cannon Fodder
Strange tales at the Willo - a disappearing act!

Awesome race as usual down in Wingello and for a great cause.

Slightly sour note to end on though.

Some of you might have seen on another post I help "Rida" out of the river in the Convict, lost a whole bunch of stuff out of my bag, sunglasses included. She very sweetly met me at the Willo and presented me with a pair of Oakley Jawbones (black and white with transition lenses). Best pair of sunnies I've used yet. An amazing gesture and much appreciated.

Finished the race, put the sunnies on the roof of my car, ducked round the corner to peel the knicks off and get warm and hey presto, sunnies disappeared. Asked everywhere, but alas, they had vanished into thin air. Stu even did a call outOf course someone might have seen them and thought "O! they have forgotten their nice sunnies, I'll do the right thing and hand them in". You never know.