Winmalee/Blue Mountains-30th March

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Planning on 30th of march,ride of Grose Head South.
Start time app:8am
Where:meet at winmalee service station/general store,Hawkesbury Rd, Winmalee. Corner of Hawkesbury and Lee roads!
Length:approximately 21 km's
Difficulty:Technical singletrack,fire road,lookout,some short pinch hills,big fast long descent,General casual pace-not racing.
Afterward's:your choice of gloria jeans brew or cold beer at local tavern!

I have jp,bushpilot,bm epic and nerf herder maybe,also mhg and some freinds.
There are some other likewise individuals coming as well.
If you would like to reply to this i would be able to assist with people being picked up from springwood station.
It should be a fun day,so come one come all!

Last edited:

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pencil me in, I don't think I've done that ride before. If I can come along I will assist with transport. A few of the usual suspects mixed in with some great trails will be a sweet day out.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
List so far:
Mongoosedh
moggio
BM epic and friend
bushpilot
jp
mhg and friends
mtbasn
Mr Cove(maybe).
itsajoke.
Hucker_boy
No Skid Marks
arronzor
lleyton
lunchbox

Last edited:

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Dammit, me and the Mrs are Godparents for my nieces christening, and found out this morning the date has been brought forward to the 30th. I'm out, sorry guys.:(

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Dammit, me and the Mrs are Godparents for my nieces christening, and found out this morning the date has been brought forward to the 30th. I'm out, sorry guys.:(
Understood,"family first",will get you next time!
Godparent(makes you feel old?)

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Yeeeehaaaa ... I'm a definate.

I've got room for 2 from Sydney if anyone want to scam a lift. (Unless Hugh wants to scab one of the spots).

BM Epic ... roughly how long does the ride take ?? (assume Moderate pace with shite loads of stoppages to let me heart ledge recuperate)

Last edited:

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Yeeeehaaaa ... I'm a definate.

I've got room for 2 from Sydney if anyone want to scam a lift. (Unless Hugh wants to scab one of the spots).

BM Epic ... roughly how long does the ride take ?? (assume Moderate pace with shite loads of stoppages to let me heart ledge recuperate)
About 2/2 and a half hours riding,depending whether we do GHS and include blue gum swamp in it as well,which will take it to max 3hr's,then of course there is the question of Gloria jeans or winmalee tavern?

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Borat - "Very niice!"
I am definitely handicapping you now,you are going to have 3 shot glasses of drambuie before departure(supplied by me),no weight penalties- yet,although,bushpilot(my riding buddy) would love to go hard with you,i am sure he will kill me for saying this!:D
The track itself was backburned today(hence the smoke over the mountains today)
My wife,Bushpilot and myself rode it today and got abused for riding by the fire chief(made threats and all),problem was,the sign that they had at the gate,said somewhere else was being burnt(so we ended up getting an apology)after we were almost going to see if he could fly from an altitude of 400 metres,anyhow we were leaving and we got buzzed by there chopper and they put on the alarms and loudspeaker,weren't we happy campers after this!
What a day,i am thinking of writing phil koperberg(friend and winmalee resident,and former chief),pack of dickheads at the RFS.

mongoosedh

Banned
I am definitely handicapping you now,you are going to have 3 shot glasses of drambuie before departure(supplied by me),no weight penalties- yet,although,bushpilot(my riding buddy) would love to go hard with you,i am sure he will kill me for saying this!:D
I hope you're serious about the shots. I haven't been drunk in.....2 days. ;)

BM Epic

Eats Squid
I hope you're serious about the shots. I haven't been drunk in.....2 days. ;)
Drambuie,the drink of champions,i think,but yep,a hip flask in the backpack,just in case we get cold-of course;).
I love the stuff,and it's your "handicap" for the 30th! Yeehah!

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So what part did they actually backburn?

I was planning on going on a quick ride there tomorrow morning... so did you get any idea of how long it would be advisable to wait till its okay to ride there again?