Winmalee/Night Ride-31st May

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Date-31st May
Time-6.30pm-7pm start
Place-Meet at Winmalee shops Between above time.
Hawkesbury rd. and Lee rd. Winmalee-at the car park of general store/servo.

The ride will take app: 2 1/2 hours with rest stops etc,it will be casual pace,there is about 1 and a half klm of single track that is a little bit technical.The ride will only go as fast as the slow riders(us).
Track-the track will be Grose Head South,Bees Nest Hill,Blue Gum Swamp, total track length/ride length will be 23 kms.We have just added a new 300 metre section of single track with,bridge,berm,and bank.
All riders are welcome!
There is a little bit of everything for every rider including the bees nest hill,which is about 2.3 kms in length and can reach speeds upwards of 55 kmh,during daylight of course!
Any inquiries can be sent to me via P.M.
Riders Confirmed-
BM Epic
Bushpilot
JP
RIDE IS CANCELLED-Till later on!

Last edited:

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
howdy
I found a moon calendar and posted it in my night ride thread ... post #37.

Let me know if that week is free for your guys.

Have a good one on Wednesday ... getting chilly, in the mornings in town ... hows it up there ?

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
howdy
Have a good one on Wednesday ... getting chilly, in the mornings in town ... hows it up there ?
Well at the moment it is pretty freezing up at Katoomba... around 2 degrees in the morning with frost. You get used to it after a few months and riding in 7 degrees seems too warm for a while.

Will brave a morning ride tomorrow I think.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Heee heeee ... at least its not snowing yet ... yet!

Heard it snowed at Orange on the weekend ...

Let me know if you guys are up for a night ride ... the week I suggested (20th May) ... we can just use this thread if you don't mind Todd ?

cheers
Al

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Heee heeee ... at least its not snowing yet ... yet!

Al
On Monday it snowed on the Shipley Plateau (near Blackheath).. though no ground cover. At Leura and Katoomba we even had a bit. Not bad for April.

I do like riding over frost frozen ground... the sound is really nice as it cracks underneath the wheel. Gotta look out for ice though.

Lleyt0n

Likes Dirt
im going up lithgow in a few weeks for fishing staying overnight in a tent i cant image this ride being any colder than that