wireless earphones for gym

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
Hi all,

I am having the worst of luck with earphones at the gym. One earbud always stops working, wires at the plug side come loose etc etc.

I am thinking maybe some bluetooth earphones are the way to go to prevent this drama from happening again.

I would love some suggestions? Subtle looking ones preferably as I dont really like promoting "beats by dre" in the gym. Price limit is around $150.

Thanks everyone.

Bryce88

Likes Dirt
Cheers for the input everyone. I guess they technically don't have to be wireless earphones. The only reason I was thinking wireless is because of all the dramas I've been having with damaging cords.

fimpBIKES

Likes Dirt
Ive had a few pairs of the old versions of these sony units
http://www.sony.com.au/product/nwz-ws613

For me i really needed the internal memory, dont always have the phone with me or in bluetooth range.
you get used to "zappin" through your 4G of music and then stopping when you find something that suits your mood.

never tried to swim in them, but was handy to just jump in the shower

looked at a few in JB the other day, there are so many different types now! definitely go with something with internal memory, its lets you listen in higher quality too

I bought a pair of an Aus seller from eBay for about $20 posted. Have used them about 10 times so far. The range is pretty good (about 30m indoors with no sign of cutting out). The battery life is about 3 hours so I charge them after every second gym session.

Yurbuds

I had the same issue until I bought YurBuds Inspire 200....not wireless but are sweat proof and have proved the business when riding road and trail as well as in the gym.

Zam

Likes Dirt
Ive had the exact same problem over the years and go through about 4 sets of earphones a year and as a result arent game to get a decent set, but im going dow the bluetooth route now, so just trying some cheap Bluedio ones off ebay as a proof of concept, not a bad set seem to work OK, dont really fit real well, but could be the shape of my ears or whatever.

So i am going to get a set of Plantronics Backbeat Fit, heard great things and looks the goods.