Wisdom Teeth

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I had an emergency dental appointment today to repair after a niggling tooth ache turned into an excruciating pain. He temporarily fixed it but quoted to fix up other issues which need to be attended to in the immediate future. 5 implants for $21,000 and they will be as good as new! Arghhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Time for a holiday to Thailand.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds like it is time for the slow cooker and steak! Or lamb shanks. Or pork knuckle. Surely someone on here will do you a delivery!
Is that an offer?? Currently trying spaghetti bolognaise limited success but is satisfying my cravings for beef! Just can't chew any of it

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm picturing vomit consistency.. not very appealing!
just imagine a delicious curry....but instead of chunky it is really really smooth. the blendtech blenders are the best! well according to their you tube channel. they will blend pretty much anything. so you could even save some pennies and buy the cheap steak.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You learn so quickly...industry protection is such a funny subject.
That's a perfectly valid response but that wasn't the point of my post. I'm sure there are some capable dentists in SE Asia, however there are just as many who are criminal. A few years ago I saw a bloke who'd had a few implants done in Thailand, and the clinician had used a modified copper screw that looked like it'd be bought from the local hardware shop. Left him requiring genuinely serious surgery, and he's lost a lot of function since. There's few dentists on the forums, I'm sure any one of them could tell you their fair share of horror stories.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Houston we have toast!

And only painkillers every second morning. God this slow progress is killing me!

Murphy's law that Grill'd has free burgers this weekend too :(

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's all starting to make so much sense.... :llama:
I suppose at your towering 15something cm height it wouldn't have been too far to reach and posed less chance of being bitten.

Are you hitting up the free burger? Blend tech in hand? Or ziplock freezer bag to preserve for future eating?

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I suppose at your towering 15something cm height it wouldn't have been too far to reach and posed less chance of being bitten.

Are you hitting up the free burger? Blend tech in hand? Or ziplock freezer bag to preserve for future eating?
Sadly no, but I settled for dumpling republic wish they accepted rainchecks at grilld!

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I would rather wonky teef than bad punctuation.... Please don't use a question mark when making a statement.
Grave dig with a classic @The Duckmeister quote.

Is there any topic unrelated to bikes that doesn't have a RB thread? (is the question mark OK here @The Duckmeister ?)

Sounds like I've got to get my wisdom teeth out, well minimum the two on the RHS as I'm getting infections in the gum between them.

Local anaesthetic in the dentists chair doesn't sound like much fun to me, watching someone grinding and yanking at my teeth for two hours.
General anaesthetic at the hospital sounds much more civilised but no doubt costs would triple (hopefully private health insurance would assist).

Any words of wisdom (sorry, I had to)?

slowmick

38-39"
What did your dentist suggest @creaky? I had one my bottom wisdom teeth out in the chair, didn't feel it - over and done with in 10 minutes. When it was time for a top one to come out the dentist referred me to a dental surgeon to have it out under general anaesthetic as neither him or me was going to enjoy it in the chair.

Fun fact: The dentist told me my wisdom teeth had to come out at the start of HSC. Even had the x-rays done to be sure. My sister had a rough time when she had all 4 out so I decided it could wait. Went back to a new dentist when I turned 30 and he said well I guess they can stay until they cause you problems. At 50 I still have 2 of them.

Dangals

Likes Dirt
Weird - I had a top one removed about 6 months ago and it took 5-10 minutes in the chair and apart from a little pressure I barely noticed.

It was the bottom one for me they mentioned were more difficult to remove.... so strange that I got completely opposite info to slowmick...