Wombat track status

Benizmo

Likes Dirt
Its not really signed, although there are some signs around the track. But its a pretty straight forward loop, just follow the main trail and its easy to navigate

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
Its not really signed, although there are some signs around the track. But its a pretty straight forward loop, just follow the main trail and its easy to navigate
It's fairly easy to miss some of the turns though. There are spots when you come out of the singletrack and it's not always obvious where the trail picks up again. I got lost around the Pine Tree farm last time I was there... :tape:

akashra

Eats Squid
Where on earth would puddles have come from, it's been dry for ages... or has it (out that way)?

ie, are there some significant sections that could do with sticking a shovel in the side of them?

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Did 4 laps there today - was in great condition - a few puddles, but nothing unrideable.
4 laps are you insane? Isn't the track about 20km, so 4 laps is like 80km? You must have had it well dialled by the 4th lap...

Good to know it's rideable, I'm well keen to get out there soon.

Stew41

Likes Bikes
Where on earth would puddles have come from, it's been dry for ages... or has it (out that way)?

ie, are there some significant sections that could do with sticking a shovel in the side of them?
We had quite a bit of rain last weekend so noticeably more wet than 2 weeks ago. That said, looking awesome when compare to mid October.

T-Ride

Squid
4 laps are you insane? Isn't the track about 20km, so 4 laps is like 80km? You must have had it well dialled by the 4th lap...

Good to know it's rideable, I'm well keen to get out there soon.
17km a lap - was good fun! One of my favorite tracks... Trying to get fit for Wildside and Otway. Just needs a bit more climbing!!

The puddles are mainly in the low lying areas - dirty, stagnant water that obviously has nowhere to drain.

quiggs

Likes Dirt
17km a lap - was good fun! One of my favorite tracks... Trying to get fit for Wildside and Otway. Just needs a bit more climbing!!

The puddles are mainly in the low lying areas - dirty, stagnant water that obviously has nowhere to drain.
Smiths Gully is dry if you want more climbing, didn't have to wash the bike when I got home after being out there this morning. 2hrs 34kms and total 810mts of vertical elevation, you would need to ride wombat for a week to get that elevation :clap2:

Merry Christmas

quiggs