Wombat Woodend track status

softek

Likes Dirt
Has anyone ridden at wombat lately? I rode there like over a month ago and remember streams of water running down a few of climbs, just wondering if the track is all dried up from the recent dry weather.

Russell...360

Likes Dirt
The track still has alot of bog holes, i would give it a few more weeks.

We are getting closer to having the track legal, there will be changes made so track work has stoped until we work things out.

softek

Likes Dirt
The track still has alot of bog holes, i would give it a few more weeks.

We are getting closer to having the track legal, there will be changes made so track work has stoped until we work things out.
Thanks Russ for letting me know mate.

cheers

Stew41

Likes Bikes
Russ et al,

How's it looking now. Keen to go for a ride but more than happy to stay off it if still boggy etc.....................

Russell...360

Likes Dirt
Ok,
This is what is going on.
I have been told by DSE to not do any work on wombat track as they are looking in to changing some sections.

So you can ride it as is, its still muddy but people have been having fun.
I would ride the pine forest of canning park drive.

We have a race this sunday the tracks are in great condition.

cheers
Russ

softek

Likes Dirt
guys, thinking of going for a ride at wombat tomorrow, has anyone ridden there lately? just wondering if its still wet or not

phamcam

Squid
Track Status

I was up there last Saturday>>>very wet in patches.... took the single speed up & glad I did not wearing out of expensive suspension & gear parts.... Unless it has been dry all week I would not really recommend it.
This track is great in the damp or dry but not as much fun when it is so wet.

softek

Likes Dirt
ok, i was there today 99% dry, the 1% that's wet is a shocker, meaning your bike will be completely mud up, had fun though with the 99% dry bit though, well worth it

Matt C

Likes Dirt
Rather than start a new thread i thought i'd keep this one going as it is appropriately titled. Anyone ridden there in the last few days ?
On a similar note, is there a section for trail status updates for each major trail network or park at all ?

sidetrack

Likes Dirt
The Wombat MTB Club respectively request that you try to ride in other areas until the end of September (at least).

quiggs

Likes Dirt
If you are heading that way travel the extra 30 mins and ride the Redesdale track, it is absolutely mint at the moment

Quiggs

quiggs

Likes Dirt
If it doesn't rain at Woodend between now and the end of the year the tracks should be in amazing condition in January.... The region has had a constant rainfall over the duration of the year and the ground is simply saturated and is going to take some time to dry out.

Seriously if in doubt ring the Woodend bike shop, 5427 2662, speak to Russell, as a local boy he will give you a more detailed report and will give you some alternatives if you really need to ride in the Woodend area.

quiggs

Puddleduck

Likes Dirt
Wombat Track 14th Oct

Can anyone provide a trail status update on the Wombat Track. Couple of us are thinking of riding the Wombat Track on Sunday 14th. Is the trail muddy or is it rideable?
Cheers