Women, etc.

l +Jarrod+ l

Likes Dirt
Hmm, assuptions made: most young guys join Farkin when they are about 15, so if you joined in 2007, that makes you about 20, which stacks up with you having your own place with your girl for 18 months or so about 5 months back...

If there's "nothing wrong" but you don't have the desire to follow your girl's dream and shift to Melbourne, then although things are okay, you're not wed heart and soul to being with her. Not that I am critical of that, just trying to figure out where you're at.

Heck, I'm 40 and I'm just starting over, after leaving something that wasn't right for me (took me 15 years to find the exit and turn the doorknob). Head OS, have some fun, chase your dreams for a bit and see what happens. I can remember thinking that turning 28 would make me ancient. Now I'm 40, I don't feel that old. At 20 or thereabouts you've got your whole life ahead of you, and a 2 year relationship give or take a bit, while significant, is not a life commitment.

Life has a habit of throwing funny situations in your path, no matter if you're ready for them or not. So go live, and see what cards you get dealt... Can't put your life on hold for what might happen some time in another 3 years or so.
Yea mate im 22. You paint a much bigger picture, thank you.

downhillar

Likes Dirt
No its not worth the emotional suffering everyday. Its a big world, time to explore! fucking women
And like I said man, if it was truly meant to be you'll meet again, but don't dwell on the thought of that happening. Something I used to say to myself was this - If I met 1 girl who I really felt that way about then there is bound to be many more that have similar traits, you just have to go out and meet people and you'll come across one :)

Xplor

Likes Dirt
Righty! Need your help people.

I guess its a first date id call it, i met a girl at party last weekend, we hooked up and i gave her my number and i said if you want to talk, text me. I didn't let her put her number in my phone, so i knew if she was keen she would text me. Next day she texted, and since then every day we pass of 3-5 texts to each other. She suggested (not me) that we do something this weekend so i guessing she pretty keen on. BUT she wants me to decide on what to do.. we both decided on Sunday morning/lunch time.

Thoughts?

static_X3

Likes Dirt
I always find consuming alcohol and engaging in intercourse is a good way to releive any awkward tension and actually get to know one another once thats out they way. :p

Probably not a Sunday morning deal though what were you thinking!

Im sure someone has a more mature suggestion but I cant think of one for the life of me except maybe go somewhere where theres somethin going on to talk/laugh about inbetween all the getting to know you stuff?-

tc2233

Likes Dirt

I guess its a first date id call it, i met a girl at party last weekend, we hooked up and i gave her my number and i said if you want to talk, text me. I didn't let her put her number in my phone, so i knew if she was keen she would text me. Next day she texted, and since then every day we pass of 3-5 texts to each other. She suggested (not me) that we do something this weekend so i guessing she pretty keen on. BUT she wants me to decide on what to do.. we both decided on Sunday morning/lunch time.

Thoughts?
Go to the movies to overcome any awkwardness (if there is any), than go out to a nice cafe/restaurant for lunch.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Go to the movies to overcome any awkwardness (if there is any), than go out to a nice cafe/restaurant for lunch.
Pffft, movies, bad idea.
"Hi there! Would you like to hang out with me for two hours in the dark, not talk to each other and not make any contact?"..................how interesting. ;)
I'm a fan of the relaxed cafe thing. You can make small chit chat then go for a walk to look at some shops. Don't overdo the interest in girl clothes though as you'll look like a tosser. Do a lap of JB hifi and go through the movies and CD's and compare interests, thats a good ice breaker. Maybe after that you could pick a movie at the cinema and play with her hair. ;)

Cypher

Likes Dirt

Thoughts?
If you have the spare cash why not Luna Park, Sydney Aquarium, the zoo? Somehting that you wouldn't ordinarily do, but is entertaining and special.

Or go to somewhere where there is free live music and markets (Bondi, Rocks - see what is on)

Give you plenty of time to talk but is also fun and interesting without being creepy.

Does she have a sport/hobby that she likes to do (and is not naff)? My partner (of 10 years now) took me rock climbing for a first date. I took him freeriding. We have a kid now :)

Norco Maniac

Is back!
My partner (of 10 years now) took me rock climbing for a first date. I took him freeriding. We have a kid now :)
wise man :)

my first date with the OH was both of us racing the Retro Grands at Macarthur. second date was the Radelaide Retro BMX Show n' Shine. i was hooked :love:

Fruitbat

Likes Dirt

BUT she wants me to decide on what to do.. we both decided on Sunday morning/lunch time.

Thoughts?
Be a man and make a decision, there is no right or wrong, perfect first date place, but if you do the whole, "oh, I don't really mind, whatever you want" you are telling her that you are a pussy... not a desirable trait!
She has already asked you out, so the ball is in your court.... I would go with this ^^ advice, the aquarium, zoo, luna park etc, where you can get to know her, there is always something to talk about and there is a low chance of awkward moments. Hopefully the monkeys won't throw their faeces at you, and if they are humping it might give you the chance to broach the subject and see is up for it or not....

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
BUT she wants me to decide on what to do...
Yep, the ball's in your court alright. Make a decision and lead the interaction. She's obviously somewhat attracted to you already, now seal the deal.

As for a first date, I think its better to do something physical and talk rather than sit and do nothing and talk. Like Cypher said, take her out doing something you already do. Incorporate her into your plans. Do something familiar, but interesting.

I went to a party my friend organised last weekend. I hit it off with a couple of girls there and have been in contact with one since. My friends and I normally go to the beach on weekends, so I just invited her to come. I thought it would be a good way to hang out again without putting too much pressure on when we don't know each other very well yet. Just waiting to hear back now.

Xplor

Likes Dirt
Went to the beach today with her and went to a cafe for lunch, was really nice and i enjoyed it. We then went for a walk along the beach was pretty nice. After today from what ive learn about her we seem to be pretty different. My personality is more outgoing and like going out and doing activities. And she a more relaxed, go to movies etc orientated. Hmm.. ill keep in contact and see how it forms,

Norco Maniac

Is back!
After today from what ive learn about her we seem to be pretty different. My personality is more outgoing and like going out and doing activities. And she a more relaxed, go to movies etc orientated. Hmm.. ill keep in contact and see how it forms,
don't judge too fast. i'm a hermit, my OH is social. yet we manage to be best friends, coach and practitioner to each other and hang out with a large group of like-minded peeps as well. go figure.

Cypher

Likes Dirt
After today from what ive learn about her we seem to be pretty different. My personality is more outgoing and like going out and doing activities. And she a more relaxed, go to movies etc orientated. Hmm.. ill keep in contact and see how it forms,
Your core values need to match up - not necessarily your personality.

For instance if person A is a bit of a xenophobe and person B likes to help refugees and immigrants, well that relationship is probably doomed to fail.

If person A believes family is important, wants kids and likes to spend every sunday with the extended family then hooking up with a person B (who likes the outdoors and travelling constantly around the world and being 'free') is not the way to go

If person A is free with their money and person B is a saver then that is probably not going to work either.

If person A believes that person B should do what they say, this is the beginning of an abusive, controlling relationship - so get out now. (If you are the abusive controlling person, then please get help - it was just white ribbon day)

The problem is it takes a bit of reflection to figure out what your core values are and it is hard to figure out what sort of person would suit you if you don't know who you are. By the time you have figured it out your values could have changed too!

D

Deleted member FN2187

^^Agreed. My wife an I have been together for 7 years, married for 4. We personally have no interests in common. Admittedly she appeases me by coming snowboarding, but we both know she'd rather be trawling eBay for more f**kin shoes. But where we fall down on common interests, we are completely solid when it comes to life in general. We both love travel, agree politically, love dogs and are fascinated by history. Just because you don't have a common physical interest "I.e riding" as long as you can see yourself spending a whole bunch of time together.

VW NUT

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Think im breaking up, been going out for 10 months and she has been getting pretty upset a bit and I think she needs. More....

I feel hurt and a bit helpless but I dont want to beat around the bush. :help:

bardynt

Back in his day.....
Think im breaking up, been going out for 10 months and she has been getting pretty upset a bit and I think she needs. More....

I feel hurt and a bit helpless but I dont want to beat around the bush. :help:

well i would get it over and done with no point keep it going in the long run make it worse if just stay together for sake of it

mate did that with ex fiance they had been going out 6 years and engaged at least 2 years so made it harder in the end for them

J

JaRedy

So I just drove the girlfriend to a town for her rural teaching placement 14 hours from Brissy.

We have solid plans of staying together, and I don't doubt that we will, but sheesh these next 2 years are gonna suck.
Not even a year ago would I have thought that we would end up doing long-distance!

Wish me luck, eh.

Urban DH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
well fuck, now what, was going of with what seems a pretty prefect woman to me, drives a lifted gq patrol, is a tradie, a very good 4wder, as beautiful as, well off, a good cook, good in bed, think i've made my point, anyway were together for 6 months or so and the day after my birthday she come round says its not working, so questions is, how am i going to get her back? if i can at all