Women, etc.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Hey hey. Before I got sick I was on the way to doing triathlons. I would ride for 3 hours on the mtb, then go for a 5km run.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Hey hey. Before I got sick I was on the way to doing triathlons. I would ride for 3 hours on the mtb, then go for a 5km run.
That illness was the great provider saving you from your own vice.

Tony looks like he has just finished 3 hours straight of good cardio and swimming...

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
If there is one thing to be learnt, it's don't mix a chronic depressive with a complicated bipolar unless you're prepared for more fireworks than new year's eve and Guy Fawkes' night combined!

Some very final words were said, and although I've felt like a fair shithead the last couple of days, I'm assured I haven't been received that way, which is some consolation. So there is the first step of recovery.

I still feel like shit, but just a bit less shit than before.

Last edited:

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Gonna drop my tale of woe also.

Had been in a bad place with the relationship for past 18 months or so. We did seek counselling etc, but the issues we had are not really resolvable as we want different things from life now and have been living separately for a long time, and to be honest, resentment was creeping in. Theres a whole range of issues for this on both sides, and I've been exploring a lot of this with a psychologist which has been really good to begin to work out why. I've got plenty to work on, but also there is a lot of good stuff about me too that these sessions have identified, so in a weird way I'm feeling better about myself despite all this.

Anyway, we were together for 8.5 years, have a couple of doggos and bought a house near Stromlo which meant on the surface it was all pretty peachy. I doubted myself for ages for wanting to get out because it was going to be so hard to leave that behind and "start again" and I thought I just needed to suck it up for a while and it would get better... It took me a long time to realise it wouldnt, and get up the courage to move out (which made me realise how hard this decision is for many other people who are not financially independent), but I finally did this about a month or so ago. I've got my own space now and although its been a really f'ing sad time, there has been a massive stress lifted as I don't have to feel like I'm constantly on the defensive anymore, or go hide out in the shed or in the office. My mates have been amazing with checking in on me and we've been gaming online a bit as a nice distraction without any pressures.

The biggest things I'm trying to teach myself is that this isn't a failure and the loss and pain will get better with time. We'll still have to sort out what to do with the house, but me getting my own space was my first priority. I'll miss the dogs immensely (this hasn't really sunk in yet though..) but I know they're much better off with her and will be looked after perfectly.

This was very strange writing this on here, I'm normally not this personal, but I just wanted to add to the stories to get it off my chest a bit, and also if its of use to anyone else that needs to identify with situations they might be going through.

Anyway, I'm a long way from being back to my old self, but at least I can keep it together a bit better now and head out for a few beers with people and enjoy myself.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Gonna drop my tale of woe also.
Sounds like the right decision. We were in the worst place in 28 years together about 2 years ago. Long term un and underemployment for the Mrs was weighing on her heavily, resentment was coming in from both sides at being stuck in a rut and nothing to look forward to.

Some serious discussion happened, we knew things had to eventually turn around on the job front so we stuck it out, possibly some of that "start again" feeling helped, we knew neither of us would like to do that.

I called an Uber on Friday night at midnight, but my wife also called me to see where I was and my Uber was not showing up in good time so she drove in and picked me up. Apparently in the car I sneezed a big glob of snot onto the middle of my nose, and the struggle to find the tissues in the side pocket of the door was real, as was getting up the front path at home, and sleeping without snoring or groaning. I can't recall any of it but I believe it did happen, and we're still together :D

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Another week on and I'm still on a fair old emotional rollercoaster....

To be honest, the trans thing flipped me out a fair bit; I like guys because they're guys, and that fluid gender identity shit is more complicated than my already messed-up head can handle. So after some internal debate I felt that in a physical sense my involvement with J had gone as far as it could go. So I made the difficult decision to end that side of it, but if possible keep a channel of friendship open

Problem is that due to similar psychological problems (his are more complex than mine, and mine are bad enough!), I really empathise with J, and still care about him. Just between you & me, it's really fucking hard to break up with someone you still care about, even when it wasn't that serious. :( That made me feel like a fair old shithead, and I flipped out a bit again as my brain took off on an irrational guilt trip. The final, brief chat we had, he assured me that I'm not a shithead, and that everything is OK, so that eased part of my mind, but there is still the "oh fuck, it really is over this time" side of things, and I'm likely to never see a guy I hold a fondness for ever again. And that hurts.

Last edited:

Minlak

custom titis
Another week on and I'm still on a fair old emotional rollercoaster....

To be honest, the trans thing flipped me out a fair bit; I like guys because they're guys, and that fluid gender identity shit is more complicated than my already messed-up head can handle. So after some internal debate I felt that in a physical sense my involvement with J had gone as far as it could go. So I made the difficult decision to end that side of it, but if possible keep a channel of friendship open

Problem is that due to similar psychological problems (his are more complex than mine, and mine are bad enough!), I really empathise with J, and still care about him. Just between you & me, it's really fucking hard to break up with someone you still care about, even when it wasn't that serious. :( That made me feel like a fair old shithead, and I flipped out a bit again as my brain took off on an irrational guilt trip. The final, brief chat we had, he assured me that I'm not a shithead, and that everything is OK, so that eased part of my mind, but there is still the "oh fuck, it really is over this time" side of things, and I'm likely to never see a guy I hold a fondness for ever again. And that hurts.
Late reply - Hope your feeling better now