Won’t you be my neighbour....

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Sell that fucker
What he said.

We were lucky to scrape in just before the Royal Commission made the banks be (a little bit) responsible.

Harder to get a loan, don't reckon we would qualifiy now, despite being well able to afford it.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Depending on what point of your mortgage you're at (assuming you have one), $15k could be chewed up in interest payments pretty quickly.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I feel your pain. We're in the process of selling at the moment, and have an offer on the table that is 15K less than what we are asking. Been on the market for over two months, and this is the only offer so far. 15K to me in the grand scheme of things, and with the market the way it is, is frankly small change. The minister for war and finance seems to think otherwise though....
i just bought my house 120k below what it was originally listed for............. the market isn’t on your side mate

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds like we're onto a winner with our offer then. I've noticed houses for sale that are still sitting around recently and I knew the housing market has been dropping. Although all the reporting has been on the capitol cities I'd imagine similar trends are playing out all over the country.

Now I guess the question should be is do we jump back into the market straight away or sit on it and see what happens with house prices over the next few years. My head says to sit it out and invest elsewhere for the time being but I also hate renting with a passion

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Preaching - Converted
Just a more extreme example than the others on here to throw at the missus.

They spent ~30k on reno’s 6 months prior to listing too. I’m stoked, my new to me house is awesome. The old owner, not so much haha

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Sounds like we're onto a winner with our offer then. I've noticed houses for sale that are still sitting around recently and I knew the housing market has been dropping. Although all the reporting has been on the capitol cities I'd imagine similar trends are playing out all over the country.

Now I guess the question should be is do we jump back into the market straight away or sit on it and see what happens with house prices over the next few years. My head says to sit it out and invest elsewhere for the time being but I also hate renting with a passion
Vanlife ftw.

It's only for a few years.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Vanlife ftw.
Now I am a van lover and we all know van life is the good life when it comes to owning a motor vehicle, but!!!

Today the 19 year old moron I work with was all "I want to buy a van and live in it." and I foolishly brought into the conversation, having known a few people that have done this. I exited the conversation with a big downer of reality - you'll end up more broke and all your friends will hate you for mooching their toilets and bathrooms from them. She hadn't considered the shitting and showering parts of life.

stirk

Burner

Certain parts of the major cities have dropped by up to 20% while some suburbs hold fast to their value.
Apparently Hobart and Adelaide are strong all round so maybe they never reached the heady heights of the boom or are holding value as great places to live.
In my neck of the woods it's stable with steady increases in value in some towns.

Renting is wasted money while interest is low, I wonder how long the interest rate will stay so low with the economy hovering around recession levels. I've read that Australia would be in recession if not for population increase from immigration.

I'm not an economist but I'm nervous with my mortgage as the worlds powers are dancing around an aggressive agenda.

Bunyipong seems like a safe haven, sans a crazy neighbor with rattling bikes...

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Certain parts of the major cities have dropped by up to 20% while some suburbs hold fast to their value.
Apparently Hobart and Adelaide are strong all round so maybe they never reached the heady heights of the boom or are holding value as great places to live.
The heat is definitely coming out of the market in Hobart where I am. Anyway the cathartic whining to the Rotorburn brains trust seems to have had an effect, as the minister for war and finance caved tonight and accepted the offer on the table!