Woodford Glenbrook Classic entries now open

lets see if this is the year for someone to go sub 40?
I did the ride two weekends ago and the track is not as smooth as it has been for the past two years. Sooner or later someone will go sub 40, but it will take a little more effort to break the barrier this year than might have been required in 2009 0r 2010.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Cant wait, always awesome fun, last years times were weirdly slower than they should have been, it was like a curse, everybody i know went slower last year?????

bloodpuddle

Likes Bikes
I've never done this event before, but have heard of it.

I'm assuming the course skips the singletrack, and you just take the road after the bottom gate. Is that right?

Big Chuck

Likes Dirt
I've never done this event before, but have heard of it.

I'm assuming the course skips the singletrack, and you just take the road after the bottom gate. Is that right?
It skips the single track and then turns right at Bennetts fire trail with the finish line at Euroka clearing.

0psi

Eats Squid
Anyone have any ideas what times the runners are doing it in? Not sure whether to ride or run. The 10am start seems a bit more inviting for those of us that were designed for tropical climates.

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Question for me is whether to go SS again this year or some gears?

...am I too sick and tired of everyone passing me after the helipad. SS is just so good up to the helipad.

crosser

Likes Dirt
Anyone have any ideas what times the runners are doing it in? Not sure whether to ride or run. The 10am start seems a bit more inviting for those of us that were designed for tropical climates.
I ran it a couple of years and it just about slayed me. It wasn't the distance, just the pounding of that endless downhill. I could hardly walk afterwards.

Is anyone crossing it up this year? Maybe I should get my crosser repaired...

alchemist

Manly Warringah MTB Club
It was worth it to watch him ride back up, having to stop every 15 minutes because the helmet was pinching his ears too much.