Woodford Glenbrook Classic entries now open

BM Epic

Eats Squid
I'm in, would be nice to crack 50 min this year.
Will see you there Mr Ben, be riding a Stumpy Evo and will be wearing careflight team colors apparently, will be riding with the missus as we are team careflight( will be in careflight jersey), so no racy racy for me!! See you there, and for coffee or beer after?

MrCove

South Shore Distribution
bugger
my knee is buggered from last weeks crash

doubt it will be better in 3 weeks

grrrrrrrr.

hathill

Likes Dirt
Sorry to hear about the knee.

That's no good Mr Cove.

Hopefully I'll be there in - like to beat 50 too but not sure if I have it in me to smash it!
Anything under an hour will be nice. Anyone who wants to have a wheelsucker?
The run down Bennetts is nice and smooth at the moment.

I rode the Oaks in the wet last Sunday. Despite the rain, there was a nice hard line through most of the track. With some dry weather this week it should be a cracker of a race.

0psi

Eats Squid
Anyone have any clues as to how strict the City Rail folk are going to be about the whole no bike between Glenbrook and Woodford thing? I know there's a shuttle running from Glenbrook but I'll be getting on at Springwood and the prospect of riding up the hill at 7:30 in the morning isn't too appealling.
Just checked the weather forcast and the weather man's magic cue ball is predicting a sunny day with a minimum of 5 and a max of 18, so should be pleasant once the sun's up.

donny70

Likes Dirt
There's bugger all room between carriages for bikes. You'll get 2 in there and still allow movement in and out so it depends on the amount of riders using the train as to how strict they will become. On a normal weekend they don't care but on a race day with stacks of riders... Take a chance?

0psi

Eats Squid
let me know if anyone cant make it and wants to part with their ticket.

cheers
Tate
Maybe but I won't be able to let you know till Saturday. Coming down with an epic case of man flu but I'm determined to be there, I'll let you know if it all goes pear shaped.

Fuelcdi

Cannon Fodder
CareFlight Ride

Tate i have registered by unable to ride due to injury. Happy for you to take my tick if you want to call me on 0405 150 829. Chris

bike182mtb

Likes Dirt
talking to the people at careflight they are going to give everyone a bag and you can put a jumper or other things in it and they will transport it down to glenbrook.so we sould not get cold after the race.rode the track on this wednesday and it fast good luck to all going in it.:eek:

BM Epic

Eats Squid
weather has been good all week,it will be a doozy....i'm ready to smash this thing:D
Hey i trance 05, i noticed your sig says winmalee, this is good, been down you know where of late?( ride report please, big dog seemed happy), also i will take you down some time soon, there is a whole world of new stuff that has had me put in app: 14 hours of hard work!..see you sunday!

OFB

Likes Bikes
Looked but i cant find it anywhere, does anyone know when the shuttles are leaving from glenbrook station in the morning?

Robbie Mac

Black Phoenix Films
anyone gving up an entry?

any one giving up an entry? please pm me with a mobile contact and i will call you asap

Robbie

itrance05

Likes Dirt
Hey i trance 05, i noticed your sig says winmalee, this is good, been down you know where of late?( ride report please, big dog seemed happy), also i will take you down some time soon, there is a whole world of new stuff that has had me put in app: 14 hours of hard work!..see you sunday!
Hey todd,haven't been down that part yet ;),talk to you tomoz

0psi

Eats Squid
What a rockin day out that was, near perfect conditions. Didn't think a fire trail race would be my thing but I can't wait for next year :D

morrisan

Likes Bikes
I did not know that today were the worlds championships or maybe some flat stage at the Tour of France. Bikeminded is a team that is very friendly and polite I know a few of their riders in some races and are cool , but today, two guys were wearing their colors were very rude swearing at me because I was not doing like some stupid strategies at the down hill like the last 10 km or something like that. I was doing my full tank with my 40 T chainring and simply I could not push more but this is not a reason to do what they did. Anyway I regret that I responded with some bad words but it just was not right.
Finally, the race was short but good fun and I wish this guys all the best in France from the second of July there are plenty of flat stages to enjoy.

itrance05

Likes Dirt
I did not know that today were the worlds championships or maybe some flat stage at the Tour of France. Bikeminded is a team that is very friendly and polite I know a few of their riders in some races and are cool , but today, two guys were wearing their colors were very rude swearing at me because I was not doing like some stupid strategies at the down hill like the last 10 km or something like that. I was doing my full tank with my 40 T chainring and simply I could not push more but this is not a reason to do what they did. Anyway I regret that I responded with some bad words but it just was not right.
Finally, the race was short but good fun and I wish this guys all the best in France from the second of July there are plenty of flat stages to enjoy.
We're you in elite or age cag?..i know few of the bikeminded guys
My opinion is that when are in the train you work together,if you have nothing 2 give let them go,it is the woody worlds i take it serious(beat my time from previous year) but not to the point where i would abuse people.

Times are up

Nash Kent won in 41.50.
I thought the record would have been broken this year. That stretch down Bennetts was super fast and the rest of the track was quick too.
I was 5 minutes faster than last year (which was injury affected) but the legs were burning at the end.
Apparently there was a nasty accident on the downhill stretch. Anyone know any details?
www.multisportaustralia.com.au