Woodford To Glenbrook via The Oaks

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Getting back into some XC with the Woodford to Glenbrook via The Oaks firetrail on the hardtail.
Excellent Mr Didly. Might not be the most techy trail but the height differential makes up for it.
Your Thursday was far less sucky than mine :thumb:

stirk

Burner
Thanks for sharing the vid. It's a great trail, good views and fun fast sections up the top and the long middle 6km or so of all down trail is nice maintaining 40+ kph speeds the whole way. The single track at the end is the highlight although I notice you didn't include the last section of bermed, graded trail, the most fun of the whole trail, was it too rough for the camera to capture?

It's good fun to ride up and then back down too!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
That's the spirit. I can't remember the last time I took the train up unless going to do Ando's.

One of the only trails that you can put it in your longest legged gear and go flat out. The end section bit is the highlight and I don't mean the causeway climb when your tanks are empty :)

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

stirk

Burner
That's the spirit. I can't remember the last time I took the train up unless going to do Ando's.

One of the only trails that you can put it in your longest legged gear and go flat out. The end section bit is the highlight and I don't mean the causeway climb when your tanks are empty :)

Ha! I'm rocking a 30t ring so i spin out at 55kph! It's fun though.

Stuff that roadie hill out of the trail, I park at the end of the single track and drive out! Let me know next time you ride up, I'll hitch a rope onto your saddle for a tow.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Ha! I'm rocking a 30t ring so i spin out at 55kph! It's fun though.
Oh, you have one of those new fangled drivetrains.

Stuff that roadie hill out of the trail, I park at the end of the single track and drive out! Let me know next time you ride up, I'll hitch a rope onto your saddle for a tow.
I park near the access gate at the railway line outside the park. I would consider it a failed ride to not do the causeway unless it is mid 30's and I'm out of water. I'm pretty nancy for that climb but have to do it. I find up the causeway on the way in is a harder since it is a hell of a way to wake up.

There is a place for bailout gears. The causeway builds character :)

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Thanks for sharing the vid. It's a great trail, good views and fun fast sections up the top and the long middle 6km or so of all down trail is nice maintaining 40+ kph speeds the whole way. The single track at the end is the highlight although I notice you didn't include the last section of bermed, graded trail, the most fun of the whole trail, was it too rough for the camera to capture?

Thanks mate. Yeah the last bit while fun, was quite shaky on the hardtail with 2.1'' tyres. Will have to head back with a duallie sometime.

stirk

Burner
Oh, you have one of those new fangled drivetrains.

I park near the access gate at the railway line outside the park. I would consider it a failed ride to not do the causeway unless it is mid 30's and I'm out of water. I'm pretty nancy for that climb but have to do it. I find up the causeway on the way in is a harder since it is a hell of a way to wake up.

There is a place for bailout gears. The causeway builds character :)

That hill is evil with cold legs! I buy a NSW park pass as we swim down there in summer so it's too tempting to bypass the bitchumen.

Thanks mate. Yeah the last bit while fun, was quite shaky on the hardtail with 2.1'' tyres. Will have to head back with a duallie sometime.
So much of the single track which isn't 'groomed' is rough and tyre shredding rock, I love it! Hit the roughest line for max fun, I don't think any cameras could handle the chunder.