work/trades...what do you do for a crust?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Will I need to set myself on fire to be accepted into this cult?
No way! We are all about peace, booty calls, relaxing, and really delicious burnt offerings! Though you may be called upon to move large amounts of dirt into mysterious piles...

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Dual Trade Electrical Fitter Mechanic/ Air Conditioning Refrigeration mechanic with a extensive background in diesel power generation among other things!.
currently working on fuel reticulation and storage facilities , to ensure approx 7 million lts of high grade jet fuel comes in clean, goes where it needs to and can be distributed when its needed..(with a minimal a amount of breakdowns and leaks) thats the hard bit ;)

Last edited:

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've done various types of mineral processing plant operation for about 25 years, over ten years of that in Alumina refineries helping to make a few million tons of Alumina, the stuff that smelters turn into alooominum. Now doing iron ore, and enjoying the FIFO roster. The process is very basic but we do a shitload of it. I get a great variety of stuff to do, and work with a good bunch of people.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
I've done various types of mineral processing plant operation for about 25 years, over ten years of that in Alumina refineries helping to make a few million tons of Alumina, the stuff that smelters turn into alooominum. Now doing iron ore, and enjoying the FIFO roster. The process is very basic but we do a shitload of it. I get a great variety of stuff to do, and work with a good bunch of people.
Gladstone?
Bunbury/Kwinana?

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Can’t remember if I’ve already responded...

Anyway I’m a Network Architect for a global Telco ICT, primarily doing presales and design of VoIP, UC and Comms for the Victorian Government.

Have worked in this industry since uni days and the PMG in the 70’s.

Love what I do and the best thing is I have no staff.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah not sure if I replied earlier either... anyway I'm an electrician for probably the largest mining contractor in the business. Work's 10 mins from home, it's generally pretty cruisey, but has it's days lol. I basically run my own show which is awesome.
Operators are annoying AF though.. it's like being back at school again sometimes

Binaural

Eats Squid
Yeah not sure if I replied earlier either... anyway I'm an electrician for probably the largest mining contractor in the business. Work's 10 mins from home, it's generally pretty cruisey, but has it's days lol. I basically run my own show which is awesome.
Operators are annoying AF though.. it's like being back at school again sometimes
Strange, the operators normally like to see the electrician - time to relax while somebody else accumulates the downtime!