work/trades...what do you do for a crust?

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
We take more sickies per capita than any other country..........

Pretty jealous @Elbo
It's good fun. Can be monotonous depending on the job, but there's such a variety of things that each job needs, you know something new isn't too far around the corner.

Mica

Likes Dirt
Currently working in Surveying. Get to see a lot of different places. Occassionally have to bush bash through blackberries and lots of snakes around at the moment.

+1 Great job, though I’m a bit more of an office man these days.

MasterOfReality

After forever
Principal mining geotech engineer. Advise the business on stability of all new pits, restarts and current pits for all study phases up to execution. Provide alternate designs for those that arent up to scratch. Provide rpeq signoff on geotech component.

Can be mundane at times but satisfaction is seeing a design executed and not killing someone!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Can’t remember if I’ve already responded...

Anyway I’m a Network Architect for a global Telco ICT, primarily doing presales and design of VoIP, UC and Comms for the Victorian Government.

Have worked in this industry since uni days and the PMG in the 70’s.

Love what I do and the best thing is I have no staff.
Geee, I must have seen you somewhere. I'm in a similar circle.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
got an early mark today, so i could come home and play with my Tig welder in my workshed
have to weld up some 3 inch stainless pipe flanges, gotta be fluid tight, as jet fuel likes to escape out small holes!

stirk

Burner
got an early mark today, so i could come home and play with my Tig welder in my workshed
have to weld up some 3 inch stainless pipe flanges, gotta be fluid tight, as jet fuel likes to escape out small holes!
fark are you building a jumbo or a dragster?

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
C
Geee, I must have seen you somewhere. I'm in a similar circle.

Crudster, are you ICT too?

You’re in Mildura, if I recall? Are you still in ICT up there? Tougher gig in the country.

I’m in my 60’s, so am having fun doing what I’m doing, but on the home run, hopefully till I want to pull the pin.

Are you on LinkedIn?

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
C

Crudster, are you ICT too?

You’re in Mildura, if I recall? Are you still in ICT up there? Tougher gig in the country.

I’m in my 60’s, so am having fun doing what I’m doing, but on the home run, hopefully till I want to pull the pin.

Are you on LinkedIn?
Yes, I hang around phone companies.

I'm in Sydney but will definitely pass through Mildura in transit to the proposed Buninyong Tour De MTB.

It is difficult here too and never easy to swap jobs IMHO.

Will take it to LinkedIn.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
Based on conversations in here you remind me of LJK Setright an English motoring journalist who was sprung doing mach 7 on a motorbike in the States. The trooper said "I have seen bold motorcyclists, I have seen old motorcyclists but you sir are an enigma."
I’ll take it, ha ha, but I could only wish to be a fraction as interesting as Setright.

Weirdly, many of my closest friends are motorcycle journalists. I’ve spent a fair amount of time on test bikes because of it.