work/trades...what do you do for a crust?

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
I run a company (just me) that designs and builds emails templates for companies around the world.

Work was smashed last year due to Covid (wow no-one knew wtf that was before this post!) but it's starting to pick up now with some notable new customers on board!

I don't make enough to buy as much stuff as OzzyBMX though.

ualf

Likes Dirt
I run a company (just me) that designs and builds emails templates for companies around the world.

Work was smashed last year due to Covid (wow no-one knew wtf that was before this post!) but it's starting to pick up now with some notable new customers on board!

I don't make enough to buy as much stuff as OzzyBMX though.
Sounds like SPAM... but you say you don't make enough money ... so perhaps it isn't...:D

HamboCairns

Sounds like SPAM... but you say you don't make enough money ... so perhaps it isn't...:D
I feel I have to defend my profession here - I design and build the HTML templates that businesses, institutions, newsletter writers and charities send to their subscribers. Of course it's nothing to do with me how they send those emails but it's not the crappy lines of text from a Nigerian Prince type thing!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I feel I have to defend my profession here - I design and build the HTML templates that businesses, institutions, newsletter writers and charities send to their subscribers. Of course it's nothing to do with me how they send those emails but it's not the crappy lines of text from a Nigerian Prince type thing!
I'm deploying and upgrading SMTP gateways right now that do spam, phishing and malware protection.

My work could be fingerprinting those email templates and content if they are detected as spammy :)

HamboCairns

I'm deploying and upgrading SMTP gateways right now that do spam, phishing and malware protection.

My work could be fingerprinting those email templates and content if they are detected as spammy :)
I'm sure Greenpeace will stop their phishing attacks immediately.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I'm sure Greenpeace will stop their phishing attacks immediately.
I'll put in a good word for them.

If a Nigerian Prince that is handy with templates needs to get $20m out of the country but needs $100k right now via Western Union to get the legalities sorted first up then Greenpeace are on their own.