World Champs at Val di Sole ITA

THE Manik Man

Likes Dirt
Does anyone know what the world champs DH track is like.
i.e. is it going to be steep and technical and suit Sam Hill or is it going to be pedally and suit the syndicate.

Also posted by squidly in the press releases "The team heads to Pila to prepare the new bikes for the World Championships".
Sounds like we will see the 09 sunday's at the champs.

Ozza

Eats Squid
Sam likes the track, its very different to other tracks on the circuit but it has plenty of line choices and roots.

Not a chance we will be seing the new sundays.
I actually dont think there would be a worse time to give your riders a prototype bike. The worlds riders just get new paint jobs and tweaks in there countries colours.

Gold and Green
http://www.freecaster.tv/live/1000006_1004982

EDIT: Matti not racing next weekend... tough luck champ! http://www.descent-world.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&Itemid=130&task=view&id=870

Last edited:

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Judging by the fact that Sam won by so much in the Val Del Sol test event i think it suits him. Who knows if anyone will step up to the plate on the day though.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
Few pics from first day of practice, props to Transcend

Dan Atherton is out with a broken collarbone. Conditions are very wet and slippery

Last edited:

SCOTTDMR

Likes Dirt
MB and computer stuff

Well i want to watch the race live so does anyone know how many Mb it would take to watch pretty much the whole senior mens feild and the bit at the end?
Also what speed would you need to have pretty much uninterupted veiwing from free caster.

I am with iinet and the speed test tests at 1600-1700 kb or something.
But when i watch on freecaster it takes ages to load.

Any help?

Bazil_1

Likes Dirt
You will need at lease 1.2gb to watch it all (going from the world cup races usage).
Your speed should be fine though.

Ozza

Eats Squid
Just reminding everyone that this time DH racing starts 8:45pm Saturday 28th June - Australian east coast time. Not Sunday night!!!!

Last edited:

dhd

Downhill Direct
Just heard today that Matt Vincent had a fall while walking the track and broke a metacarpel bone in his hand. So I'm guessing it's steep!
He's going to hold off practice and just hit it for seeding on Thursday. What a blow after all that preparation.............

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Just heard today that Matt Vincent had a fall while walking the track and broke a metacarpel bone in his hand. So I'm guessing it's steep!
He's going to hold off practice and just hit it for seeding on Thursday. What a blow after all that preparation.............
that = gay..... Hope he pins it and does well still!!

stevenw

Pro Rider
Hi All,

Just letting you know that the Aussie boys are all going well. Hopefully the pain killers will work for Matt and he'll be able to give it a good shot on Saturday night.
There was alot of bad accidents today with 4 riders in a bad way in hospital. 42 riders needed treatment today and there were many broken bones. This track is like Illinbah but ALOT steeper with really big roots. The track is still muddy and slippery even though we had no rain today. Hopefully it dries out by seeding runs tomorrow. If it rains on race day, get ready to see some big stacks and alot more broken bones. This course is harsh on the riders if you make a mistake. I don't think one rider got away without crashing today.
The 4X boys are having fun. Hopefully they will kick arse on Saturday night.

Don't miss the action on Saturday, its going to be hectic!

W.bat

Likes Dirt
The Date

Hey is the date on the farkin homepage correct. 28 June, I thought it was this weekend 21 June.

Hmmm.....

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
'Sun and blue skies all day today, the track is drying up pretty quickly, but as Gee Atherton says "The word of the day is 'GLOOP'".
The spikes have stayed on all day, if it stays like this Peaty has been talking about running cut down spikes, Miami had been muttering about Swamp Donkeys, not sure if thats the band or the tyre.
The top rooty/rock section was carnage this afternoon, with the lesser known riders from the lesser known countries spending less-er time on the bike and more-er air miles going over their riser bars.
A few folk are talking of a tactical seeding run if the weather looks likely to change. Since there are no points up for grabs in the semis some might possibly cruise down, though Bryceland has stated he'll be pinning it no matter what.
Since Gracia found out that the 4x and downhill are on the same day, he's opted out of the DH and is just concentrating his efforts on 4x glory.' from Dirt Mag

Just thought I'd post some pics from Day Two although full gallery can seen here

Peaty

Hill in some funky new pants

Duncan

Moto-foam has appeared again on Hill's bike again, see more here

Vids from Day Two can are up on Freecaster and mtbcut.tv

Check them out here: Freecaster.tv Day Two and mtbcut.tv Day Two