World cup team changes rumor thread

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Doesn't necessarily mean that TWR won't exist, though they are likely losing 2 riders...TWR is only contracted to ride Trek frames, so despite the name it's not a factory setup. Technically there could be 2 teams on Trek.

Though that's unlikely isn't it?...
I can't recall a great deal of teams riding the same frames at WC level, especially 2 big teams. That said, the Athertons are quite a force, as is TWR so it's entirely possible, though unlikely.

So that's Trek, what about shimano/fox? Maybe they'll land a Sram deal and get on the black box program (does that still exist?)...

Topperharley

Likes Dirt
I can't recall a great deal of teams riding the same frames at WC level, especially 2 big teams. That said, the Athertons are quite a force, as is TWR so it's entirely possible, though unlikely.

So that's Trek, what about shimano/fox? Maybe they'll land a Sram deal and get on the black box program (does that still exist?)...
SPAM

New GT factory team?
Northerners like Kiwi fruit.

Last edited:

ajay

They're on SRAM.

Real question is who's on the new GT factory team?
2xKiwi
1xNortherner

Answers in a sealed envelope...

Blenki, Loic, and Bulldog. So unlikely, but damn that'd be a sick team. :mullet:

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You think Bruni is leaving Lapierre, Lapierre to then pick up the Athertons and allow Bruni to ride for GT with the masters boys? I definitely have a feeling Santa Cruz are going to make a big signing in the off season...

Where the hell are those cartoons to decipher?!

Last edited:

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm not as heavily invested in DH as many of you are, but humour me for a second..

The Athertons seem to be quite fussy when it comes to the bikes they have ridden with GT.
After many changes over the journey, surely by now they are getting close to the type of bike they want.

Would it be worth changing to a fresh team and starting this process all over again for a few extra bucks?
I understand not all bikes are made equally, so is the GT still inferior?

ajay

Edit: that makes no sense.

Last edited:

heavyp

You heard it here first
Whats this ? I'm thinking with all the rumours over the years even team riders are maybe playing silly buggers to get everyone chatting ???

greg-minnaar-commencal.jpg

heavyp

You heard it here first
form Vitalmtb

"7 hours ago
One of the two have confirmed with my Parents that TWR is no longer. Both the boys are good friends of a Family friend."

Topperharley

Likes Dirt
Righto, so you've worked all that out with a little help.

Now, who is going to take a stab at the GT line up this year?

ajay

Well, you got one of those right. But Loic is definitely not a Northerner....
Define Northerner. Northerner hemisphere, northern Europe, north America. ..

So Bulldog, Brannigan and.....? Someone high profile.

Topperharley

Likes Dirt
Define Northerner. Northerner hemisphere, northern Europe, north America. ..

So Bulldog, Brannigan and.....? Someone high profile.
Not Northern territory, not Northern Island, not Northern Ireland, not North America, just Northerner........

You got one of the other ones right though.....

heavyp

You heard it here first
Not Northern territory, not Northern Island, not Northern Ireland, not North America, just Northerner........

You got one of the other ones right though.....
Don't think SC would let Josh go anywhere so I'm guessing Hart ? But yeah September has not even finish so i may just turn the Internet off till 01/01/16 and see what actually happens.