World cup team changes rumor thread

Austen

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any people on here been following the vital thread similar to this one?
Some interesting comments bring posted

Ivan

Eats Squid
I know it's not WC, but who is Richie Rude riding for next year? I see mention in the Vital slideshow that him and Jared are going to be on separate teams next year, and I can't imagine Jared leaving Yeti.

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Anyone running a dedicated dh team.

Rude seemed to be talking about missing DH all season despite putting in great results this year.
He has had enough of the endurbro.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The thread seems to indicate Yeti going DH with Rude and Graves shipping off (Specialized was mentioned)

Is Yeti even a brand without Gravy?

Woffa

Rotorburn Enthusiast
If you look closely at the back of Graves' number plate from Ligure, you'll see it saying " one last time ol buddy". His knee pads also look a lot like the Specialized Atlas knee pads instead of his usual Troy Lee ... Coincidence?

Attachments

Last edited:

will2

Likes Dirt
The thread seems to indicate Yeti going DH with Rude and Graves shipping off (Specialized was mentioned)

Is Yeti even a brand without Gravy?
It actually makes me so sad. The speculators in the Pinkbike comments seem to think Jared is leaving and Richie is staying. Yeti going DH seems both odd an making a whole heap of sense.
I will miss seeing Jared ripping around Jubes and everywhere else riding Yeti. Ultimate athlete/rider riding the ultimate All mountain bike. Enduro's just always a bit meh.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It actually makes me so sad. The speculators in the Pinkbike comments seem to think Jared is leaving and Richie is staying. Yeti going DH seems both odd an making a whole heap of sense.
I will miss seeing Jared ripping around Jubes and everywhere else riding Yeti. Ultimate athlete/rider riding the ultimate All mountain bike. Enduro's just always a bit meh.
For sure.
If someone mentioned anything Yeti (the bike, not creature) to me, my instinctive thought is JG ripping something on his trusty blue steed.

From a Specialized perspective, I'd be going hell for leather to get him, but after being on such a 'cool' bike for so long, I get why the Enduro will seem a bit bland.

will2

Likes Dirt
For sure.
If someone mentioned anything Yeti (the bike, not creature) to me, my instinctive thought is JG ripping something on his trusty blue steed.

From a Specialized perspective, I'd be going hell for leather to get him, but after being on such a 'cool' bike for so long, I get why the Enduro will seem a bit bland.
Anyway, Jared knows what is good for him, surely he would of had the option of pretty well any team. Big contract with Specialized will probably fair him well.
Going to be hard for Jared to part from Rude, hopefully he comes back to Tba this summer.

True to everyone's response re Jared's(rumoured) move, he'll always be remembered as a, if not the, Yeti legend. Clearly Yeti & Jared have supported one another to the absolute best of their abilities throughout their relationship.

Given his commitment & dedication to the Yeti family/brand then I've no doubt, if indeed remotely true of his move to Specialized, that it would've been an incredibly difficult & reluctant decision to come to for Jared. And it would've undoubtedly been a pretty sad realisation for both parties come conversation time (if it happened). And I've no doubt that the 'big boys' have been throwing some major bones Jared's way in an attempt to lure him from the Yeti stable for many years- across dirt disciplines we are after all talking about the greatest rider in history. Realistically Jared's still potentially got another 8-10yrs of racing at the pointy end of the field in him, if that's what he wants to do, so it's a great move as far as economics & life beyond racing is concerned.

While it might be a sad day for Yeti fans & the rest of us who loved the romanticism of that old married couple relationship that was going on in Wookieland, I'm stoked for Jared at the prospect of him moving to Specialized. TAKE THE MONEY & RUN, SON! Jared deserves ever dollar & ounce of support he can get out of Specialized & the mtb industy & I have no doubt, health permitting etc, that he'll be able to really set himself up financially as he moves through his peak. I look forward to what's in store for him either way.

If Specialized have indeed acquired Jared then talk about a mtbing wonder team (& rude too, I mean road). Given the ridiculously impressive list of riders under the Specialized umbrella, the prospect of seeing a Specialized mtb team poster makes me want to throw up a little. So goddamned...vanilla.

Uh-oh, I think I hear a bee in my engine bay...

Back OT, interesting seeing lots of speculation re Canyon establishing a DH team for next year. I wouldn't have picked it myself but admittedly it makes a lot of sense to utilise Fabien's expertise to run & manage a team while Canyon has him. That experience & intimate understanding of the industry & discipline that Barel has is something that's hard to put a dollar value on.

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Many are suggesting Minaar may be on the move. I doubt it, I'm pretty sure Greg is a share holder in Santa Cruz and can do what he wants. Leaving the team that he's winning with would be nuts on both parties parts.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Well, looks as though Specialized are going to have quite of bit of spare money this year....
I was thinking about this too: If Gwin snares a gig to ride their frames but not on the team squad then that could attract the Jared Graves signing. Me thinks there's more to this though. Yeah, Graves may go for a Specialized deal, Gwin may run their frames but that doesn't fill a void and leave the team with a tardy chance at filling the podium without adding another high caliber rider.
If Specialized are shopping for a new top notch rider, who can it be?

nzblakis

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I was thinking about this too: If Gwin snares a gig to ride their frames but not on the team squad then that could attract the Jared Graves signing. Me thinks there's more to this though. Yeah, Graves may go for a Specialized deal, Gwin may run their frames but that doesn't fill a void and leave the team with a tardy chance at filling the podium without adding another high caliber rider.
If Specialized are shopping for a new top notch rider, who can it be?
Troy is still there isn't he? Hes now running full Specialized everything (No more TLD) so maybe a pretty stacked team:
Troy Brosnan - DH (Full Specialized)
Aaron Gwin - DH (TLD/SRAM)
Jared Graves - Enduro/DH (Full Specialized)
Curtis Keene - Enduro/Gone?
Mitch Ropelato - No idea what he does anymore
Martin Soderstrom - Freeriding
Coastal Crew - Freeriding (are they moving on?)
Hannah Barnes - Enduro/great brand ambassador too
Anneke Beerton - Enduro

Cant believe I just put that much effort into a post!

Last edited: