Worlds Ugliest Bike

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
and this is coming from some one who seems to favor an stp frame, which are one of the most boring frames on the market, not to mention unreliable and weak.

my kona stuff over an stp any day
You absolute tard. 'Unreliable and weak'? So where is your indisputable evidence to prove this? Surely this unreliability would go so far as to extend over every STP frame ever made?

STP owners: It turns out your frames are unreliable and weak, and even though you haven't broken it and have found it to be a decent all round bike, you will obliterate it the second your wheels leave the ground.

Kona owners: You're safe. kholden_1992 has given exemplary evidence to show they are perfect.

FYI Kona hardtails ride shit on anything other than the big dirt jumps, which they do excel at. (Stability provided thanks to fuck off long chainstays that make the bike near unrideable on anything that requires you to move.

leftykonashred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Kona owners: You're safe. kholden_1992 has given exemplary evidence to show they are perfect.

FYI Kona hardtails ride shit on anything other than the big dirt jumps, which they do excel at. (Stability provided thanks to fuck off long chainstays that make the bike near unrideable on anything that requires you to move.
ok im not agreeing with this holden lad and im not trying to start anything but i loved my kona shred and used it for whatever i wanted i did dh xc you name it

but its personal preference i guess

here is the ugliest bike
haha yes and it's running semi slicks
they look like hookworks

kholden_1992

Likes Dirt
You absolute tard. 'Unreliable and weak'? So where is your indisputable evidence to prove this? Surely this unreliability would go so far as to extend over every STP frame ever made?

STP owners: It turns out your frames are unreliable and weak, and even though you haven't broken it and have found it to be a decent all round bike, you will obliterate it the second your wheels leave the ground.

Positives and negatives that i have found about my 2007 kona stuff which i have owned since 2006

first of all i have to say that the spec list on these bikes are terrible, gears where horrible they slipped all the time, tires slipped even more then the gears,snapped my cranks on the day the bikeshops one year warrenty ran out then snapped them again 3 months later, wheels where rubbish spokes came loose all the time no. these bikes don't like flat turns but run on rails on banked corners,

I agree STOCK these are horriable and look it too.

but the frames i am a fan of, they can take one hell of a beating, i don't know how my frame is not completly F**ked!!! befor i cracked my frame i was jumping 8m doubles, riding skate parks, the odd occastional DH run, this thing has been thrashed not to mention some nasty nose cases and heavy rear cases.

March 2007 i raced one round at ourimbah state forrest in the hardtail group,came off and put a really nasty dent in the downtube of the frame
and around this time last year i discoved a crack running from that dent 3/4 around the frame, and i have no idea how long it was like that for but i was doing my normal stuff like 8m jumps ect. I took the frame to a weilder he put that band aid on and it has held up brillantly since then, and i have progressed to much larger stuff with in the last years aswell

as for its mobility i run a fairly hard single speed ratio, (36-14) on a bmx chain, even though the drop outs are vertical, a chain tenstioner is not needed because the drop outs are adjustable and act like horrisontal drop outs therefore decressing the chances of chain skipping and derailing.

when this thing is air born it is as stable as a 747, and you don't feel a thing when you land, all my build needs is some lighter forks to lose some dead weight at the front.

Basic summory of kona dj builds:

"stock complete builds are shit as"

"custom builds using the frame as a base, Bloody Brilliant"

Last edited:

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt

I have a kona, it is strong and has lasted me a while. Every STP in the world has not lasted, however my kona has lasted me a while so that is why i am going to say that it is better. I do not have to run a chaintensioner. It has cracked but i got it fixed and it has lasted me a while, thank god for that frame repair man.

Basic 'summory' of my opinion:

My opinion sucks.
The end........

kholden_1992

Likes Dirt
my opinion is based upon that fact i rode my friends 07 stp0 over a period of a month while i waited for a new crank set and i saw my friend snap his stp0 frame as shown with a picture in a earlier post. Since then i don't know why people rave on about them, i don't think they feel any better.

it would be interesting to see how many people who put crap on certain bikes and haven't even rode one before, whether over a extended time period.

"Special Olympics over"

everyone back on topic!

Last edited:

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Worlds ugliest bike.

Behold, the Huffy VERDICT. (Insert 'Oohs' and 'Ahhh's here)

And to think, that at no stage throughout the design, approval, and manufacturing process did anyone say "Hold on a minute, this looks a bit sh*t. Is it meant to look like that? And the boss wants us to make 10 million of them"?

Cool kick stand though.

Attachments

Rob rides

Likes Dirt
Worlds ugliest bike.

Behold, the Huffy VERDICT. (Insert 'Oohs' and 'Ahhh's here)

And to think, that at no stage throughout the design, approval, and manufacturing process did anyone say "Hold on a minute, this looks a bit sh*t. Is it meant to look like that? And the boss wants us to make 10 million of them"?

Cool kick stand though.
And the sad thing is.... even the 2009 model bikes look like this.

dilstubs

Likes Dirt
Positives and negatives that i have found about my 2007 kona stuff which i have owned since 2006

first of all i have to say that the spec list on these bikes are terrible, gears where horrible they slipped all the time, tires slipped even more then the gears,snapped my cranks on the day the bikeshops one year warrenty ran out then snapped them again 3 months later, wheels where rubbish spokes came loose all the time no. these bikes don't like flat turns but run on rails on banked corners,

I agree STOCK these are horriable and look it too.

but the frames i am a fan of, they can take one hell of a beating, i don't know how my frame is not completly F**ked!!! befor i cracked my frame i was jumping 8m doubles, riding skate parks, the odd occastional DH run, this thing has been thrashed not to mention some nasty nose cases and heavy rear cases.

March 2007 i raced one round at ourimbah state forrest in the hardtail group,came off and put a really nasty dent in the downtube of the frame
and around this time last year i discoved a crack running from that dent 3/4 around the frame, and i have no idea how long it was like that for but i was doing my normal stuff like 8m jumps ect. I took the frame to a weilder he put that band aid on and it has held up brillantly since then, and i have progressed to much larger stuff with in the last years aswell

as for its mobility i run a fairly hard single speed ratio, (36-14) on a bmx chain, even though the drop outs are vertical, a chain tenstioner is not needed because the drop outs are adjustable and act like horrisontal drop outs therefore decressing the chances of chain skipping and derailing.

when this thing is air born it is as stable as a 747, and you don't feel a thing when you land, all my build needs is some lighter forks to lose some dead weight at the front.

"stock complete builds are shit as"

"custom builds using the frame as a base, Bloody Brilliant"
Could you please enlarge that photo for me?

davo808

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just dont understand it. the creator argues its construction is simpler than a conventional bike. mhmm..