TAS Wow! Get paid $45K - $47K a year to build legit trails!

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Just flicking through the jobs section of Hobart City Council and they have Two track building positions for fixed 12 month contract.

One team leader job and one trackworker.
It's for the North South track up Mt. Wellington.

It says must have minimum two/five years track building experience, which I dont, so can't apply.
Just thought I'd give a shout out to any keen builders out there wanting to earn a few bikkies for gettin in the dirt.

http://www.hobartcity.com.au/conten...nt/Trackworker_North_South_Track_Project.aspx

http://www.hobartcity.com.au/conten...nt/Team_Leader_North_South_Track_Project.aspx

TEAM LEADER – NORTH SOUTH TRACK PROJECT
Fixed Term – 12 months
$47,608 to $48,654 per annum
The Team Leader – North South Track Project will supervise the provision of efficient & effective on-ground operational services for the construction of Stage 3 of the North South Track.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of five years experience in walking track and mountain bike track construction and maintenance projects, Certificate III / IV in Conservation & Land Management or related discipline, a current Driver’s Licence, a current Workplace Level II Senior First Aid certificate and a current Chainsaw Operators Certificate (certified by the Tasmanian Forest Industries Training Board).
Specific information about these positions is available from Richard Greenhill, Bushland Project Officer on telephone (03) 6238 2981 or via email at greenhillr@hobartcity.com.au
Applications close Monday 23 August 2010

TRACKWORKER – NORTH SOUTH TRACK PROJECT
Fixed Term – 12 months
$45,970 to $47,014 per annum
The Trackworker – North South Track Project will assist in the provision of efficient and effective on-ground operational services for the construction of the North South Track project.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of two years experience in walking track and mountain bike track construction and maintenance projects,
Certificate III in Conservation and Land Management or related discipline, a current Driver’s Licence, a current Workplace Level II Senior First Aid certificate, a current Chainsaw Operators Certificate (certified by the Tasmanian Forest Industries Training Board), a current Medium Rigid Truck Licence and a Vehicle Loading Crane Certificate or similar.
Specific information about these positions is available from Richard Greenhill, Bushland Project Officer on telephone (03) 6238 2981 or via email at greenhillr@hobartcity.com.au
Applications close Monday 23 August 2010

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Is that a lot of money in Tassie ??? ie, can you live comfortably on that and have a little bit of savings or are you pretty much living pay cheque to pay cheque ??

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Is that a lot of money in Tassie ??? ie, can you live comfortably on that and have a little bit of savings or are you pretty much living pay cheque to pay cheque ??
I guess considering that people are out there are digging unsustainable illegal trails for nothing, $45K is alright for going it legitimately.

Tas is a lot cheaper than Melb or Sydney. I earn less than I did when I lived in Melb and Syd and have a better quality of life, and can afford to have a 4 bedroom house near the city and get by comfortably.
In regards to Gov/Council jobs it's at the lowest end of the pay rate.
Lots of council jobs going for approx $50-85K in Hobart.

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nerf, you will need more than a 4 bedroom house if we are all going to crash at your place when we come riding down in Tassie.

Sketchl

Likes Bikes
Mt. Wellington

One of the most awesome DH potential mountains in Aust......pity you'll be assisting the walkers with trails as MTB'g is mostly illegal.

floody

Wheel size expert
One of the most awesome DH potential mountains in Aust......pity you'll be assisting the walkers with trails as MTB'g is mostly illegal.
North South track is a combined use project, but primarily aimed at a durable mountain bike link between the Springs and the Tolosa bike park.

themunt

Likes Bikes
Is that enough?? I've been earning 25k a year for the last 10 years... Unless you eat caviar for brekky or had 6 kids to raise you should be alright...

Any jobs going in QLD??!!

Sutek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What a wonderful, positive moment for you passtime! Any flights from Illawarra?:)