WSMTB Club XC round 6 - 11th September Blue Gum Lodge

Gotta Ride!

Likes Dirt
Junior XC MTB Clinic with Craig Gordon
On Saturday 10 September, 1pm – 4pm at Blue Gum, our High School MTB riders can get some great riding tips from ex World 24 Hour MTB Champion, Craig Gordon. FREE. But you must email Ray Rice at xc [@] wsmtb.com to confirm your attendance.

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
We'll be there and will bring some Rocky Trail bottles as prizes as well. The new batch has just arrived.

PJS

Likes Dirt
Just curious which section is palletive care? Saw signs saying jacobs ladder and square hole last time. A few others too, but no palletive care. Can you describe it? Cheers

(wish I was at high school again only to go to that skills clinic!)

itrance05

Likes Dirt
pallative care is the steep pallet run down into the gully,blue gum is awesome with a little bit of rain,nice and grippy(obviously taking care on the pallet sections),if you are in C or D grade then A and B will bed it in nicely for you guys.hope to see you all there.

PJS

Likes Dirt
Aaah. Makes sense now. Asked someone last time where palliative care was and he looked at me sideways. Thanks for that. Was slippery during practice time last time thanks to the rain the night before. Fun track.

Last edited:

Gotta Ride!

Likes Dirt
Most of the Blue Gum Lodge trails were built to a high standard and drain really well. Sections like 'Berm Baby Berm' require a drainage pipe to release the pooling water. Besides that yesterday things looked pretty good.
Today some carpet will be added to one of the pallet crossings today for grip so riders like Lumley don't go flying off again ;)

Mediocre

Cannon Fodder
What a great day!

In a way I wasn't too disappointed that the Bottlebutt was postponed, as it gave me chance to race at Blue Gum for the first time in ages. I missed Round 5 due to Husky and was really looking forward to racing here again.

Awesome track, perfect sunshine, tasty BBQ, a big turnout and some close racing... An all-round great day out thanks the WSMTB crew, Blue Gum Lodge and all involved!

PJS

Likes Dirt
+1 Was a great day, and a great track. Thanks to all the organisers!

Strange request - Does anyone know who was taking pics of riders just before palletive care during the second session? She was wearing a black long sleeve top/jumper. Think it was an SLR she was using. It'd be great to have a copy of the couple of photos she snapped as I struggled by. A PM would be more than welcome. Am happy to pass on my email address if that's best. Thanks!

mtb5150

Likes Dirt
Great day

What a great day...I really enjoyed it. As always WSMTB put on a great event and the track was fantastic. I was really dreading it because for one reason or another I havent been on a bike for a month.Predictably I went badly with my lungs blowing out early. I came second last in D grade as a result but I was actually happy with my progress setting aside the lack of fitness. Last year there were a number of sections I couldnt ride, bergwerks, square hole but yesterday I could ride the whole track with the excception of that techy climb.

I as bad as I felt yesterday, I was still 16mins faster than last year without any fitness so there must be progress.

Also it was the first time I introduced my new girl to the sport and it was a great event for her to see, followed by a great feed at Springwood. Great day.

bike182mtb

Likes Dirt
fast start to c grade

that was the fastest start to a race i have ever been in.45 seconds into the race on the back straight after the start in C grade my heart rate was already over 200 and stayed over 200 for the hole of the 1st lap.toping out at 205.this is not good i think for a 47 year old[bloody fast young ba#&%}anyway had a great time and just love this track and well done to WSMTB.just a great day :clap2: