WSMTB XC Rd#4 - combined round with MWMBC at ARCADIA

nlc8)

Western Sydney MTB Club
The next XC round for WSMTB (Round 4) will be at ACADIA a joint round with MWMBC this will be on the 21st May go to http://www.mwmtb.com/xc.htm for more details on that particular round.

The next WSMTB XC club round at yellowmundee will be round 5 on the 4th June.

Last edited:

schacksta

Western Sydney MTB Club
Bump.

Just bumping this one up to spread the word folks.

All WSMTB members are urged to attend and enjoy what will be a truly great day.

All riders on the day will record times and points that count toward the WSMTB Club Champs.

The track at Arcadia rocks too.

So, who's going?

Cheers,

Schacksta
President
www.wsmtb.com

schacksta

Western Sydney MTB Club
TonyG said:
I'll be there, for my first race.
Any tips on pacing yourself?
Yep, just follow me. In fact, everybody just follow me, and we'll all have fun okay? :D

First lap's just a warm up! Don't be rushing off like a bull at a gate and doing any of that there fancy stuff.

cheers,

schacksta
president
www.wsmtb.com

VincentVolvo

Manly Warringah MTB
MWMTB Club Rd 2 with WSMTb Rd 4

Thanks to those WSMTB members planning to make the trip to Arcadia. Take old Northern Rd through Dural towards Glenorie. Before Glenorie, turn right into Wylds Rd. Left at the end of Wylds Rd into Arcadia Rd. You will see signs to direct you to the track from the next left at Cobah Rd. Trust me, it will be easy if you follow the signs which are like real estate "open house" signs. Andy's Cafe will be open from 6:00am on Arcadia Rd for breakfast or takeaway coffee.

The carpark has been slashed. The track has been maintained. More than adequate bunting will be in place to ensure everyone knows the twists and turns easily. Please come to this event and enjoy a day at a new track if you have never made the trip. Registration opens at 8:00am and Kids races are under way at 9:00am. Please notice staggered start times; Novice, Womens B and Mens C Grade Starts at 9:30, Mens B, Womens A and Mens A Grade starts at 10:45am.

Hope to see you there!

Syphanx

Likes Dirt
Ill make the trip up there, Arcadia's a good track, some may say that it's more technical than Yarramundi, but personally i think that's better.
Looking forward to a good day! :D

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
not for me, arcadia unfortunatley is high on the stack meter for me, so ill be out feeling the love at yarramundi of all places....

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm going to try and make it, riding the 12 hour solo at Eastern Creek on the Saturday, so I'll see how the wife feels about me pissing off for another day of bike racing....will there be a singlespeed class?

schmackster

NSWMTB, Manly Warringah MTB
dunk said:
I'm going to try and make it, riding the 12 hour solo at Eastern Creek on the Saturday, so I'll see how the wife feels about me pissing off for another day of bike racing....will there be a singlespeed class?
We will run a singlespeed class but not sure how many takers there will be as Alchemist is up doing the CABC in Alice Springs at the moment and I'm not sure if he is coming or not.

PDogg

Manly Warringah MTB Club
I'm hoping to make it. If so I'll be running the 1x1.

Even if there's only a few SSers, it's always fun to race the C graders that are out on the track anyway :)

schacksta

Western Sydney MTB Club
hdtvkss said:
not for me, arcadia unfortunatley is high on the stack meter for me, so ill be out feeling the love at yarramundi of all places....
C'mon GG pump up!!! You know you want to!

Arcadia rocks, and besides, chicks dig war wounds!

cheers,

schacksta
president
www.wsmtb.com

PDogg

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Yeah, fire up! It's not MTB if you don't crash sometimes ;

Half the trails around Sydney are basically very similar to Arcadia anyway, face your demons and expand the trail network you can enjoy riding. The Rush will lap it up.

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
trying to convince said friend that its a good idea for him to ocme race there with me on sunday after hes had 6 weeks off the bike.....

given i normally race D grade at WSMTB, does that make me novice boy ??:eek:

PDogg

Manly Warringah MTB Club
Do C (the ability range is usually pretty broad).

Also, the Novice class does a shorter lap that misses out some nice sections of trail.

schmackster

NSWMTB, Manly Warringah MTB
The prez and I went out to rake and bunt the track this afternoon and let me say that it is in top conditon. The recent rain has firmed up the few sandy corners and the rest of the track is looking sweet. Pity I can't ride it yet :( :( :( , damn broken elbow!

Spent the morning sorting out the categories and start times which have had to be changed a little due to the increased number of categories that WSMTB require. Check out the website for all the latest info.

As for hdtvkss's reluctance to come out let me remind him that we have put a lot of effort into making the track have a lower rating on the "stack meter" whilst still retaining the it's technical nature. As the pdogg says come on out and face your demons, you know you want to :D .

P.S. No I don't break my elbow at Arcadia but on a fire trail in Lane Cove NP.

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
i see that your running d grade now, so for that im keen, may even run c for a laugh....

just need to convince my mate im supposed to be riding with on sunday that its fun to go racing.....

what time is the track going to be open for practice?