ACT FOUNDers keepers losers weepers

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Item: 26 inch rear wheel, 142X12 - I like width, around 30mm inner would be nice
Location: Canberra - willing to consider doing postage and will be in Syd over Xmas where I could do pickup
Price range/Willing to Pay: It all depends on what you're offering
Extra Info:

Not overly keen on carbon so unless you're going to offer me brand new for second hand alloy prices, might want to keep that one for somebody else.

Not overly fussed on the hub but don't want bottom of the barrel crap. Don't want anything that needs servicing or that has any issues at all - must be in top running order.

Don't need cassette, unless it's brand new and cheap. Neither do I require a tyre unless it's new and cheap.

Willing to entertain rims that have only small dings but that must also be reflected in the price.

Will consider cherries if they are on top.

moorey

call me Mia
The hope DH are pretty well priced and posted free. I know it’s a bit more than SH, but buy once, buy right.
Just a thought. o_O

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yep, more than what I'm willing to pay at the moment - new mortgage (second on the list), baby on the way, two other expensive habits and an accountant for a wife.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Baby on the way will slow it all down. Congratulations of course.

You thought about just getting a rim and building on your current hub?

moorey

call me Mia
Baby on the way will slow it all down. Congratulations of course.

You thought about just getting a rim and building on your current hub?
There’s $200 right there....$250 if paying for a build.
Maybe wifey needs to do some creative accounting.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Plenty of 26 inch rims for under $100. Paying for build will blow the coins though.

Won't be room for the bike on th back seat, that's where the baby seat goes!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
There’s $200 right there....$250 if paying for a build.
Maybe wifey needs to do some creative accounting.
Tight arse it and get a rim with the same erd and transplant it over with the same spokes.

Makes a relaxing night at home and if it fails later then you know who to blame :)

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Sure. Compromise on the quality, just make sure it fits. And don’t worry that the spokes on the old wheel clearly had a thrashing. Hell, use the nipples too, even those stripped ones. While you’re at it, use the broken eyelets. Come to think of it, that cracked rim will be fine once rebuilt.

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Where did all the 26" kit go??!

I can't find a single thing on any of the trading platforms. I would have thought that there would be a bunch of rednundant 26" stuff out there now most have made the switch. At this rate I'm going to have to consider going new. Fucking killing me here.....

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Not entirely, it’s more so the 26-142x12 that’s the prob, I haven’t even gotten to rim width in my searches yet.

moorey

call me Mia
That’s why Hope is always the answer.
Could you tolerate a little narrower....and white?