ACT FOUNDers keepers losers weepers

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Johnny, here’s what I’ll do for you. Will post you a flow ex/hope Evo as a loaner, as my Christmas present, and thanks for your Mont work. Post it back when sorted. Will cost you less than $20. Happy with that?
Hey mate, thanks for that, might have to take you up on your generosity.

Give me a little longer to try and source someting though, I almost refuse to believe that a simple 26-142X12 is this difficult to find.

Thanks again.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I almost refuse to believe that a simple 26-142X12 is this difficult to find.

They are boutique now. There's still some good options but nothing one would describe as a bargain. Which in turn makes selling used wheels uneconomical as well. For example the rear I'm running on my NS (da bomb hub w/Mavic ex729 and hand built with love injected into each nipples) would sell for about $75 and I'd feel I'd ripped the buyer off. The outer shell is chewed up by the cassette and the rim has 1 reasonable ding in it + scratches etc. But then replacing it would blow out to a few hundred dollareedoos thanks to boutique power. So I may as well ride it into the ground.

Was it really so long ago that one could regularly find good wheels for $300-500?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The hope DH on pro4 are still around that.
true, and they represent some of the best value on offer. As an individual item, I meant to say wheel set. When 26 was mass production surplus stock was easy to come by. Alas the future.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Yeah, the timing for me couldn't be anymore shit. Two months back I would have grabbed a new one without thinking about it. Can't justify $350 on a bike right now though.

It's the dry second hand market that has surprised me. When I bought this bike 4 years back I did so thinking that the 2nd hand market would be awash with 26" kit for years. Surely there's not that many hoarders out there?!!

If I can find the right rim I'll consider trying my own build. Even then, I would consider grabbing new spokes as well [rushes off to find out how much the stupid spokes sell for....].

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Try Greg at TWE. He was advertising excess 26inch wheels.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Flow-Rider

Burner
It's the dry second hand market that has surprised me. When I bought this bike 4 years back I did so thinking that the 2nd hand market would be awash with 26" kit for years. Surely there's not that many hoarders out there?!!
It's the axle sizing in 26" that isn't common, I've got six 26" wheelsets but none are that axle size.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Errrrrrr...
Ahhhh...
I have a mismatched set of Easton haven 26" wheels. Rear is black with qr dropouts or 142x12. Front is silver with 20mm but no conversion bits I can part with. I was holding on to them as a quick swap spare set for my tracer or the wife's crafty but I'm not convinced either of us are in the habit of riding hard enough to need a spare set.

If you wanted to buy them both I could probably let go. Or if someone else wants a front I could split. Or they might not be your cup of tea at all and I can leave them up on that shelf there

Sent from my Xperia Z3C using Tapatalk

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
That sounds interesting, Planko.

What would it take for you to let go both as a set and as a single rear wheel?