ACT FOUNDers keepers losers weepers

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Yeah, the timing for me couldn't be anymore shit. Two months back I would have grabbed a new one without thinking about it. Can't justify $350 on a bike right now though.

It's the dry second hand market that has surprised me. When I bought this bike 4 years back I did so thinking that the 2nd hand market would be awash with 26" kit for years. Surely there's not that many hoarders out there?!!

If I can find the right rim I'll consider trying my own build. Even then, I would consider grabbing new spokes as well [rushes off to find out how much the stupid spokes sell for....].
I went through the exact same thing about 8 months back and thought I would pick up up a good set of unwanted wheels no worries. After a long search I ended up building my own back wheel.

Found a Project 321 hub on bookface that was a bargain and bought a Flow mk3 rim and spokes a nipples from the Germans. I reckon all up it was $230-250.

I've been holding off on offering you a dinged up crossmax enduro. For the obvious reasons...

On the plus side, it's round, reasonably straight, hub has new bearings and it's 26" 142x12. On the nagative, it is only 19mm internal and made of a proprietary alloy that contains up to 25% butter.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
That sounds interesting, Planko.

What would it take for you to let go both as a set and as a single rear wheel?
I'm pretty sure they owe me a massive $150, got them separately but for a song. I'm kinda partial to the havens, still holding onto a thread of hope that I might be able to dig up a front in black to match the rear, but part of me knows that's not going to happen.

I think they're straight and mostly clean, I'll have to double check and get some pics tomorrow if they're of interest. Prefer to offload them both if they're going to go, the front will be little use without that rear I reckon (does anyone ever trash a front?)

Sent from my Xperia Z3C using Tapatalk

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I'm pretty sure they owe me a massive $150, got them separately but for a song. I'm kinda partial to the havens, still holding onto a thread of hope that I might be able to dig up a front in black to match the rear, but part of me knows that's not going to happen.

I think they're straight and mostly clean, I'll have to double check and get some pics tomorrow if they're of interest. Prefer to offload them both if they're going to go, the front will be little use without that rear I reckon (does anyone ever trash a front?)

That's cool, happy to take both (haven't even checked to see if my front has the same problem as the rear wheel.....).

This is exactly what I've been hoping for, mate. So if you're able to let them go I'll be sure to love them and pat them and ride them every day for you.

bootsandall

Likes Dirt
I have 26" rims that are sitting waiting for the time and need to build up into wheels. They are Gravity brand 26mm internal and 32 hole. Let me know if you are interested.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Models, never Brands.
Geez, I've always been a fan of mismatched rims and tyres. Not so much for mismatched hubs and definitely not for mismatched brake levers.

Fashion is a beautiful thing folks.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I'll be sure to love them and pat them and ride them every day for you.
Lol!

So they both appear to be running true according to my highly accurate "hold them up and spin them" test. They've got some marks on them but don't appear to have any dings. Rear hub spins smooth and free, front isn't as smooth but still spins freely.

I'm happy to chuck in the kendas if you want but you're not a Mexican are you? They might add more to the postage than they're worth so you can make that call. I'll convert the rear back to 142, did you need the qr setup as well? Because I've got another set of havens here that might get handed down to a kids bike eventually so wouldn't mind holding onto that.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
They look spot on to me, mate. Give the QR and Kendas to the kids bike.

Pm me with your details and I’ll sort you out.

It’s a Christmas miracle.