VIC WTB 26" straight 1 1/8 steerer forks. found

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Item: Fox 36, RS domains/lyrix/totem, Marzocchi 55 or 66, 26" straight 1 1/8 steerer fork with 150mm or more travel. Basically any 20mm axle fork for 26".

Price range/Willing to Pay: PM me and we'll talk

Extra Info: As long as stanchions are ok, and crown hasn't been cut in half by cable rub, I'm keen. Steerer needss to be 190mm or longer.

long live 26".

Last edited:

rone

Eats Squid
Item: Fox 36 26" straight 1 1/8 steerer

Price range/Willing to Pay: PM me and we'll talk

Extra Info: As long as stanchions are ok, and crown hasn't been cut in half by cable rub, I'm keen. long live 26".
I have what you need but they wont be cheap.....

safreek

Tont amorn on face book has some. Little Italy Melbourne. Might be helpful, or not. Rc2 whatever that may mean

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
For anyone interested. I've got a set of '15 Fox 36's which Mtb suspension centre are fitting with a straight crown steerer unit. It's not cheap and requires a service, but its not a bad option as it allows you to swap back to tapered later.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
For anyone interested. I've got a set of '15 Fox 36's which Mtb suspension centre are fitting with a straight crown steerer unit. It's not cheap and requires a service, but its not a bad option as it allows you to swap back to tapered later.

When you say, not cheap, do you have a ballpark figure? And do you know if it's possible without the service?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
When you say, not cheap, do you have a ballpark figure? And do you know if it's possible without the service?
~$400 for parts. Might be possible to do without service but I'm pretty sure new seals will be needed and by the time you swap internals and have new oil...

Last edited:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
At this point in time I'll also take boxxers in 26" as long as they are 35mm chassis.

Pinkbike is a bust, Americans won't ship as I suspect they can't read and write to complete the customs declaration form. No seriously, two have told me the forms are too hard to read!

Ebay is a head fuck, three auctions for 26" straight steerer 35mm chassis single crown stuff have all ended early or gone to stupid dollars.

SummitFever

Eats Squid
Keep an eye out for a Manitou Nixon. I run one on my offroad tandem. They are a very solid fork. Although they have 32mm stanchions, the walls are very thick compared to other 32mm forks. The 20mm Hex axle also gives them incredible torsional rigidity for this class of fork.

They have a nice tunable sealed damper cartridge with shimmed rebound, comp and mid-valve as well as a spring IFP. They were only about a decade ahead of the equivalent RS (the newer Pikes). I've converted mine to dual air (fairly easy job) and they are buttery smooth.

They would actually be my choice in straight steerer 26mm fork in the 140mm travel range. They are a bit heavy though (about 2200g).

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Thanks Summit, I've set up a ebay alart for them.

I just scored some 2009 32mm boxxers cheap, they will do me for now until I can find something single crown.