TAS WTB - 26inch DJ or XC 100mm-ish travel fork - 20mm, 15mm or QR

tasdisco

Likes Bikes
Item: 26inch DJ or XC 100mm-ish travel fork - 20mm, 15mm or QR
Item Condition: Good working order
Reason for Buying: Looking to build up an Giant STP frame into a commuting bike or DJ muck about bike
Price and price conditions: Dependant on Make, Model and Condition. Not looking to spend at the top end.

I am hoping to put together an older Giant STP frame I have kicking about. Depending on the fork I end up with will steer the build into either a bike for commuting/light trail work or into a Dirt Jumper/Muck about bike.

I have been told that the STP can take either a tapered or straight steerer with an appropriate lower headset cup and bearing, so not fussed in that department. Tapered would need a bit longer steerer as I will have to install an external cup.

Also not fussed about the axle size either. Have a 15mm and QR wheel at the ready and will source a 20mm if required.

Thanks for looking.

spikenet

Likes Dirt
FYI I just picked up a circus expert fork from CRC, 250 using code new10. Gave up trying to find anything 2nd hand.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
FYI I just picked up a circus expert fork from CRC, 250 using code new10. Gave up trying to find anything 2nd hand.

That's a freaking sweet deal. A few of my mates run these and they are all very pleased.

If they made those things in a beefier chassis I'd be running them.

spikenet

Likes Dirt
That's a freaking sweet deal. A few of my mates run these and they are all very pleased.

If they made those things in a beefier chassis I'd be running them.
Would have loved fox 36 but at 5 times the price couldn't justify it.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I have a basic Marzocchi DJ3 (I think) QR 26" fork that you can have for $25 postage. It has new Enduro seals and I gave the internals a re-grease at the same time. They came off a tip shop Haro DJ bike (can't recall the name but mid noughties, single speed, sliding rear dropouts) and are covered in light blue house paint (over layers of other paint colours)...so they are far (so very far) from pretty. But the springs work and the preload thing does as well. Rest seems all straight...they'd be a small project to tidy up but if the price appeals...

kip01

Likes Dirt
I have a basic Marzocchi DJ3 (I think) QR 26" fork that you can have for $25 postage. It has new Enduro seals and I gave the internals a re-grease at the same time. They came off a tip shop Haro DJ bike (can't recall the name but mid noughties, single speed, sliding rear dropouts) and are covered in light blue house paint (over layers of other paint colours)...so they are far (so very far) from pretty. But the springs work and the preload thing does as well. Rest seems all straight...they'd be a small project to tidy up but if the price appeals...
Got a pic?