WA WTB 27.5 forks 100-120 travel

discofrank

Likes Dirt
ok so i got my SS talon running sweet,
the front rockshox cartridge fork is shit

so 27.5 fork
100-120mm travel
straight steerer ( preferred not essential )
quick release front end
around $100 ish? dont really want to spend massive $$

moorey

call me Mia
ok so i got my SS talon running sweet,
the front rockshox cartridge fork is shit

so 27.5 fork
100-120mm travel
straight steerer ( preferred not essential )
quick release front end
around $100 ish? dont really want to spend massive $$
You won't find a decent straight steerer 27.5 fork.....maybe fusion still do them. Not in your budget.

Pretty sure you'll have a 44mm head tube, allowing a tapered fork with a headset change...but headset will soak up most of your budget.

discofrank

Likes Dirt
You won't find a decent straight steerer 27.5 fork.....maybe fusion still do them. Not in your budget.

Pretty sure you'll have a 44mm head tube, allowing a tapered fork with a headset change...but headset will soak up most of your budget.
not worried if i have to get the head set adapter on top of the forks
, was thinking that the straight steerer wont be happening , I know some one who has put a tapered fork int eh same bike with the headset adpater
so i can find out which one they used

moorey

call me Mia
not worried if i have to get the head set adapter on top of the forks
, was thinking that the straight steerer wont be happening , I know some one who has put a tapered fork int eh same bike with the headset adpater
so i can find out which one they used
The headset adapter (crown race adapter) isn’t the issue, it’s that the stock talon frame runs internal cups in 44mm head tube. The bottom cup needs to swap to an external one for tapered fork with 44mm diameter…..and very shallow insertion. The 2015 talon frame I built up for the bosses son recently was the same situation. The frame has only about 5mm of insertion depth, and a crappy stock headset with very shallow cups. I gave up after buying a suitable headset, and went back to running a 26” straight steerer fork in it.

http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?302773-Tweener-mash-up-build

Sold the headset the other day, sorry

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Oh, and a 26" fox fork will usually take a 27.5 wheel...as long as not a big tyre...by all reports. I think X-Fusion may too, don't quote me on that. RS won't, period.