WTB 29 inch forks

damo18

Likes Bikes
Item: 29inch forks, must have 1 1/8 steerer, no taper
Price: $500
Condition: decent
Extra info: looking for some new forks, for 29 inch wheels, 15mm through axle and 1 1/8 steerer tube. let me see what you have.

moorey

call me Mia
Yep, Positive.
Bugger. I accidentally bought a set the other day.

Are you on the tools? My mate has tapered sid XX with worn stanchions and 15mm. I have these with good uppers.
Combine the 2.....except mine are white, his are black...

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Yes, hens teeth. Any decent straight steerer 29" is.
Bought these for daughter. Wheelsize wasn't listed..I stupidly assumed 26 :doh:
I had some xfusion slides with straight steerer and 15mm but can't remember ever seeing something from rs or fox with that combo. Could possibly throw newer lowers on an older fork but that means buying two forks and praying to the gods of backwards compatibility, maybe sacrifice a goat for good measure.

I've run an adapter like the one above on multiple bikes and multiple wheelsets with no issues, good solution for annoying straight steerer tubes.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
I had some xfusion slides with straight steerer and 15mm but can't remember ever seeing something from rs or fox with that combo. Could possibly throw newer lowers on an older fork but that means buying two forks and praying to the gods of backwards compatibility, maybe sacrifice a goat for good measure.

I've run an adapter like the one above on multiple bikes and multiple wheelsets with no issues, good solution for annoying straight steerer tubes.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
My mates XX with munted stanchions and 15mm, and my qr, SS are compatible afaik. Would just swap the csu and internals. Not a big job, and the 2 sets come in at about $250...but not something I am needing.

damo18

Likes Bikes
Id rather not have to try and put two pairs of forks into one. But yes you are right its definitely a want to no go quick release. But I currently have the fox F29 for so they definitely exist with the specs I'm looking for.

moorey

call me Mia
Id rather not have to try and put two pairs of forks into one. But yes you are right its definitely a want to no go quick release. But I currently have the fox F29 for so they definitely exist with the specs I'm looking for.
Oh, they exist...you may just struggle finding someone to part with theirs. GL

moorey

call me Mia
Seen more 29" straight steerer 20mm than 15mm, but yes, they're out there. Got a set for a mate about a year ago. Wasn't easy.