VIC WTB: Fox CTD 8.5 x 2.5 for Specialized Enduro 650b

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Item: WTB: Fox CTD 8.5 x 2.5 for Specialized Enduro 650b
Item Condition: as long as it works

Price and price conditions:
Extra Info: wondering if anyone has taken the CTD off their Enduro to upgrade to a CC. I'm running a Corset and need the Enduro specific CTD that comes stock on the 650b Enduro comp frame.
Pictures:

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Are they the same as a 29er?
I've upgraded to a CCDBCS on my Enduro 29 '14, but want to keep the Fox for times when the CC is getting serviced or fucks up (like they do), but if you are stuck and want to borrow it for a bit I'm in SE Suburbs most of the time.

anthonyma

Likes Dirt
FYI, the 650b Enduro uses a 8.5 x 2.25 shock. You will probably find that they are the same externally as an 8.5 x 2.5 shock but with an internal spacer to limit the travel. The 26" wheeled Enduro (2014) also used this same shock size but could also use a 2.5" stroke shock resulting in more travel. I suspect the 650b Enduro will hit the linkage on the seat tube if the longer-stroke shock is used but that's speculation on my part based upon the same front triangle being used as the 26" frame and the chainstay bridge having to move closer to the seattube to provide space for the larger rear wheel.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Are they the same as a 29er?
I've upgraded to a CCDBCS on my Enduro 29 '14, but want to keep the Fox for times when the CC is getting serviced or fucks up (like they do), but if you are stuck and want to borrow it for a bit I'm in SE Suburbs most of the time.
Thanks, that's a very generous offer. Not sure if the 29er has the same stroke length as the 26/27.5, what compression tune does it have on it (GTGN etc)? What I need is the exact same shock that came on the 26" 14 Enduro with the GTGN firmer compression tune that comes with the 2015 650b frame.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks, that's a very generous offer. Not sure if the 29er has the same stroke length as the 26/27.5, what compression tune does it have on it (GTGN etc)? What I need is the exact same shock that came on the 26" 14 Enduro with the GTGN firmer compression tune that comes with the 2015 650b frame.
No idea, I'll check tonight. I think the stroke might be shorter, I recall seeing a sticker with the tune code. I think it's due for a service too, but offer stands to borrow it if it keeps you mobile while getting yours sorted.
Getting yours serviced/modified I take it?

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If your a member of the NSW MTB Trading Post Facebook page, Fiona Dick just put a Monarch Debonair up for $475. Worth a look!