NSW WTB - Shimano 11 Speed Drivetrain - Derailleur and/or Cassette

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Hey All

Before I wait for the next Pushys 15% off, or scour through Bikebug and 99Bikes thought i'd see if anyone wanted to unload any old but still with life left 11 speed. Call it a recycling program and save planet Earth! Very in the spirit of cycling.

Item full name and model etc. Shimano 11 speed - SLX/XT (med cage) derailleur and/or SLX/XT 11-46T cassette (you dont need to have both - either or will help me out :) )

Location Ideally Northern Beaches but given this is a WTB add anywhere if you're willing to post

Item condition description New or Used... but if the latter then in good condition. Really looking for that person who "needed" 12 speed

Reason for selling Parts are worn out

Price and price conditions You tell me....but obviously less than new. Thanks

Extra Info: Nope - think that's everything. Please DM/PM me.

For rear derailleurs i'd even consider bent and damaged and I can probably create a Frankenstein from bits and pieces I have.... especially if you have the jockey/pulley wheels.

For cassettes - ideally not 1000s of kms

Pictures Yes please if you can.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Can you do XD cassette? Even if not, check out the ZTTO stuff on Aliexpress. I’m super impressed, and 1/3 the price of the big names.

northvanguy

Likes Dirt

moorey

call me Mia
Hey @moorey do you have any experience?

This does look like a bargain (also looks like a Sunrace).

Pretty hefty though at over 600g

Not with that one. I’m using an XD 9-42. It’s 100g heavier, but sturdy AF and shifts fantastically. If they do a decent 11-46 HG, it’s probably worth a shot. Mine arrived in about a week.

moorey

call me Mia
It is. We have entered the era of the generic cassette that is good enough unless you are really gram counting.
Indeed. Though not all generics are equal, I’m sure. 100g, even unsprung weight, on a 15kg bike, for a solid reliable cassette. I’ll take it.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Indeed. Though not all generics are equal, I’m sure. 100g, even unsprung weight, on a 15kg bike, for a solid reliable cassette. I’ll take it.
Nothing wrong with mostly steel sprockets and a few alloy bigger ones. You can do your token gram counting and feel like you have tried with a splash of alloy.

I think the main thing I secretly like about AliExpress is that I can forget all about geo-blocking and worry about it being an elaborate fake instead :)

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Ok... this thread got a bit off topic...

Still looking for new or used Shimano derailleur and/or cassette if anyone looking to sell.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-A115F using Tapatalk

Last edited: