WTB - sm/med xc bike or frame + 200x51 shock + 27.2 & 30.9 droppers (all found)

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
The last thread got a bit busy so I'm starting again, got some new things on the wishlist now:

Item: medium xc/trail dual suspension frame or complete bike
Price range/Willing to Pay: ~$200 for a frame to maybe $500 for a bike
Extra Info: for those that remember, I found a bike for a mates son, then he wanted one so I built him a ripper bike, then his wife wanted in and i found her a bike. Now he wants to complete the set and get his daughter riding. Nothing rowdy required, just something that'll be relatively comfy on easy xc rides. I've got a pile of parts here I can use to build up if you have a frame for me.

Item: Kona unit large. Complete or frame only.
Price range/Willing to Pay: found!!

Item: 27.2 dropper, any drop, any brand considered. Must be external routing, a brand X would be ideal (I'd get one new but they're out of stock at the moment)
Price range/Willing to Pay: $150?
Extra Info: I have a 31.6 150mm Thomson stealth dropper or a 31.6 ks lev DX 125mm for swaps

Item: another dropper, external or even considered, 120 to 150mm, 30.9
Price range/Willing to Pay: $150
Extra Info: I have a 31.6 150mm Thomson stealth dropper or a 31.6 ks lev DX 125mm for swaps

Item: cane creek db air inline 200x51 OR DVO
Price range/Willing to Pay: found - looking again - $300ish?
Extra Info: My DB inline is squeaking. i can send it off to get serviced and almost everything replaced to turn it into a new DB air, or i can buy something else. i'm sold on the CCDB, but curious about what a DVO could do for me. if you've got either let me know :D

Item: DH Forks
Price range/Willing to Pay: found, just need to visit moorey

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Litenbror

Eats Squid
The last thread got a bit busy so I'm starting again, got some new things on the wishlist now:

Item: medium xc/trail dual suspension frame or complete bike
Price range/Willing to Pay: ~$200 for a frame to maybe $500 for a bike
Extra Info: for those that remember, I found a bike for a mates son, then he wanted one so I built him a ripper bike, and now his wife is keen to get in on the action. Nothing rowdy required, just something that'll be relatively comfy on easy xc rides. I've got a pile of parts here I can use to build up if you have a frame for me. Also more than happy to swap for a medium Bighit frame that just won't work for her.

Item: Kona unit 27 plus, large
Price range/Willing to Pay: $ you tell me
Extra Info: still want one, prefer a complete bike, would be ace if it's got suspension up front because I'm soft.

Item: ks lev dropper. 150mm, 31.6
Price range/Willing to Pay: $200?
Extra Info: I have a Thomson stealth dropper on one bike, I prefer the ks on my other. Happy to swap plus cash your way...

Item: cane creek db air inline 200x51
Price range/Willing to Pay: $300
Extra Info: gave my old one to wifey, suffering regerts now. Happy to swap plus cash for my monarch plus.

There will be a bunch of stuff going up in a garage sale shortly, keep an eye out for swappo opportunities

I know it's over budget but MTB direct have the 2018 CC IL on sale for $499 this way wifey would get a brand new one and you would get your old one back... Win win :D

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
I know it's over budget but MTB direct have the 2018 CC IL on sale for $499 this way wifey would get a brand new one and you would get your old one back... Win win :D
I see you've experienced wifey economics before too

It's a consideration, thanks for the heads up

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
You want a stealth Lev, yeah?
Should have mentioned this. Prefer the collar mount but I'll accept either. The spider can do internal but I don't like it, collar mount is the right way of doing it, everyone else is wrong

moorey

call me Mia
Cool...and you’re committed to 150mm?
It’s just I have a 125mm external Lev that’s going to waste at the moment.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Cool...and you’re committed to 150mm?
It’s just I have a 125mm external Lev that’s going to waste at the moment.
Did they make them with different length lowers? It's not the drop that's a concern so much as the overall length. It's for my spider which I like a seat riiight upside my bum when I ride

It's possible I can do the 125 on my tracer and move the 150 onto the spider I'll ponder a little

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Bump

Added a swap request for some boxxer forks, I want to stick to rockshox up front. Take my fox 40s, who tf needs that much stanchion anyway?!

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Congrats on the dh bike, it looks sweet. What 40s are they? Should have something written on them.
Took it for a quick spin at lysty today, it's no xc bike

Nothing on the crowns or new lowers, but he gave me the old lowers as well. Rc2 / fit / factory series if any of that is useful...

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Item: Kona unit large. Complete or frame only.
Price range/Willing to Pay: $ you tell me
Extra Info: still want one, but ive decided my priorities have changed. happy to take a 29er model as long as its the one with ZS44 lower headset so i can run tapered forks if i want.
I was going to buy this but stuff happened over Christmas and turns out I spent a lot of money maintain my fleet. Buy it so I don't have to.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/north-geelong/men-s-bicycles/kona-unit-large-29-wheels-/1204836881

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Bump

Found a Kona and some dh forks, now need a 27.2 dropper for the Kona