WTF is happening with Five Ten?

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I purchased a pair of Impact Pro around 15 months ago and they have been faultless. I want to get another pair in size 12/47; however Wiggle have been out of stock for months with 12 and several other sizes and when i ask for an ETA i get the usual "we have no ETA"! There are no size 12 available anywhere as I have checked every site i can think of. The only place i could see an ETA is Evans Cycles which is October! According to MTB direct, there is no Australian distributor; and the Adidas website directs you to Chain Reaction Cycles.

I'm not sure about other shoes in their range; however the Freerider pro and contact also appear to be scarce!

Does anyone have any inside knowledge as to what is happening? Is it just a case of Adidas doing what they do... ie take a decent product and f*ck it completely?

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Theres another thread from a few weeks ago, Adidas are rolling manufacturing into their own factories and out of the existing 5.10 product factories. I would think theyre probably getting ready to ramp up supply for the northern hemisphere summer. If you're desperate, there are at least 2 shoe manufacturers with high level ex staff of 5.10 heading them now.

Garto

Likes Bikes
I just ordered a set of 5.10 freeriders from chain reaction and they were here in a week, they seem to have most sizes in most styles. Hoping these ones live up to the hype of 5.10 since adidas have bought them, it's my first pair.

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just Looked at Unparallel and they appear to not sell direct. The Australian Distributors website has no mention of Unparallel! Typical!

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They do, just the climbing shoes though. You can also go through the motions of ordering onine with them, but no shipping options to australia. Im sure if you dropped them a line they would sort you out, if not, shipito.com will sort you out.

Last edited:

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They do, just the climbing shoes though. You can also go through the motions of ordering onine with them, but no shipping options to australia. Im sure if you dropped them a line they would sort you out, if not, shipito.com will sort you out.
Thanks Shmity. I have sent them an email to see what the options are.

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Yeah, talk to the guys at Frontier and they'll at least be able to give you the details of whether they can get the riding shoes. I know they're doing the climbing shoes with pretty good results, they were previously the 5-10 climbing distro and have a good history in climbing and outdoor markets. Plus a good bunch of folk all around really ;)

(and no, I'm not affiliated with them in any way, but have known them for a few years).