WTSFLC Ride Thread.

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Back to flats for me, had a pretty decent crash yesterday and while I did come unclipped, it was only after I was already on my back.. and that's on SPDs with tension wound all the way out! came out of it pretty lucky though, no major damage, but I think it's probably scared me off clipless for good, unless it's pure XC.

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Local trail, I think I clipped a pedal on something and before I knew it I was on the ground. I'm a bit bummed that clipless didn't work out for me, but on the plus side I never did manage to ride my favourite tech rooty section at full pace on them, so I'm looking forward to going back to flats :)

Oh and we definately need to catch up for a ride again soon Tai !

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
gotta persist with them if you want the benefit Mark ... I still reckon Times are the best compromise ... can pretty much eject out of mine and still get the benefit when pulling up the hills ... that said ... flats all the way baby :)

Anybody up for this weekend big bikes ... Lucas is keen, I have a new setup for steeps ... although I hear people are going to rimbah ... prefer Steeps me thinks

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
nothing spectacular ... I've just gone back to more rise

You still up for Wednesday ... Loftus will do for me still a bit weesy ... you can have a jump on the 66 ... or I'll be @ council tomorrow until about 11.30ish so can do a quick lap

J@se

Breezeway Bandit
nothing spectacular ... I've just gone back to more rise

You still up for Wednesday ... Loftus will do for me still a bit weesy ... you can have a jump on the 66 ... or I'll be @ council tomorrow until about 11.30ish so can do a quick lap
Wednesday, Loftus will be great! I'll have a flop on the 66 for sure, though I reckon that the new carbon covert is my new AM/quiver killer bike.

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anybody up for this weekend big bikes ... Lucas is keen, I have a new setup for steeps ... although I hear people are going to rimbah ... prefer Steeps me thinks
I think Shagger is looking, Reubs prob also.

I have a fair bit of stuff on, but I am keen for a few hours of gravity. I'll wait and see what your timing is and if it works for me I'll try and slip in as well.

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm keen as, and i'm pretty sure sam is too. Lets get it organised early and lock it in. I vote steeps or awaba.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
10ish at the car park Jase tomorrow (wednesday)... I'll txt

Is Sunday the preferred day ??

I don't mind a few hours either late ish arvo saturday or Early Sunday morning ... take your pick

Open to new joiners?

Just wondering if there was any chance you blokes are open to new guys joining in on some of your DH rides :)

ive dabbled in DH before briefly and just sorted myself a reasonably solid second hand DH rig. Most of my mates are either too much of a bitch or too busy to go riding with so looking for new peeps to ride/shuttle with. I've done Ourimbah a few times and tend to prefer the flowwy/technical DH than freeride like Oxy..
Live local in the hills area and have my own car to get me n then bike to/from places, happy to pay petrol money for people who shuttle with their car.

So any chance of potentially hooking up with you guys on a ride??

Ev

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Got an RDO on Friday and planning on Ridin loftus Around midday with a mate.
Anyone else keen to tag along/show us round? This will be my maiden voyage out that way..

Also, where and when are we riding DH on the weekend?

Last edited: