WWOOOOOO new 2011 888's

thinkluke

Likes Bikes
Holy..! If the ninja turtles raced dh they'd defiantly use these haha. Not sure if I like them or not.

InvadingFear

Likes Bikes
nope, not working for me at all...the black ones looked better and i hated them. Why is it so hard for them to anodize the stanchions like everyone else?

TheBug

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pretty sure these are limited edition.
Standard production will have nickel-coated stanchions for the rc3 Ti model and black anodizing for the Rc3 and rcv.

atschool

Likes Bikes
I thought we all learnt from Boxxers in the early 2000s that Ti-nitride coating on stanchions is a bad idea. What is Marzocchi thinking??

kgunzer

Likes Dirt
TiN is not a bad idea. Using them in upside down forks is a BBAAaaadd idea where they take hits.

Wonder how much they'll go for (Au$2k?)

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wonder if there will be any in the bomber orange with orange stantions. I reckon that would be awesome. Or with the blue stantions I saw a picture of a 66 with.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
There's red 55s or something in the background. I'd like to hear they have a shimmed rebound damper.
TiNi on nickle I think, not sure what boxxers were, TiNi on ally perhaps.

Last edited:

RangaRMX

Likes Dirt
nope, not working for me at all...the black ones looked better and i hated them. Why is it so hard for them to anodize the stanchions like everyone else?
So if these aren't anodized what are they? :confused:
...or when you say "..like everyone else.." do you mean conform to trends and only offer black or silver ano?

...also, by "..and i hated them.." do you mean you didn't like the look or the way they performed? Cause if you've ridden 06 Marz forks then you'd know they have proven they are seriously capable at building forks - judging by anything they produced form 07 to now isn't really fair as they had some seriously shit manufacturer in Taiwan which they've supposedly changed now and have MUCH better performance and MUCH FEWER reliability issues..

I had 06 888's which were the best forks I've ever ridden...my 08 66's on the other hand were the worst forks I've ever ridden...

Last edited: