www.mtbpicsonline.com goes live

Woffa

Rotorburn Enthusiast
Well, i thought instead of getting Grahame to advertise the new page up.I thought i would post it up on his behalf. So i dont know where you pulled the rest of the bullshit from but its called a FAVOUR. But hey, if thats the way you feel about it then....
I was joking Cam... You are doing good work. Me and Hux greatly apprieate it. :)

Cheers

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Ditto

Great concept, however i can't help but agree with the point of devaluing photography. When i raced at Thredbo, Eildon, Mt.Beauty etc i loved the fact that i could practically choose and order prints from attending photographers at the end of the day or when i got home - and had no issues paying for such a service.
However it is becoming increasingly expected that riders can obtain photographs of themselves via the internet for free (the numerous Farkin photo thread responses and Bransly's avatar above can attest to this).

There will always be a place for the likes of paid A-grade magazine submission material but with the advance of today's digital culture, many people only want images to put on their myspace, phone wallpaper, desktop background or forum avatars (as opposed to the more traditional quality print). Not surprisingly, most people simply aren't willing to pay for a quality print or processed digital file for such purposes.

At least noone can claim you are doing it for anything other than your love of the sport - keep up the good work, the groms (and many others) will love you for it :)

I agree with what you are saying SpectRe. My aim is not to devalue Professional photograpghy.
I am not a professional photographer, I believe I take great photos that riders want to see of themselves and some of them COULD be magizine quality but that is not what I am after. I don't have the services to print and supply images, and I don't touch them up. I don't have the time. What I do provide is photos young and old riders can download, print out if they want to, pics of themselves to put up as wall papers, avatars etc. I try and get every rider.
I have seen the work of some of the other pro fotogs, and their work is inspiring. But it is not what I want to do. I am a rider, I love to ride, and I get a buzz when I get good pics of me. I only hope that others get a buzz from my pics.

t

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Woffa, the site loooks good, just one thing on a tecnical note; your thumbnails are pretty big file size, like 8x bigger than they need to be. for an image that size they should be well below 5k.

Cheers.