Wylde MTB trail Western Sydney Parklands

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
finally got down to wylde yesterday.

I'll be honest, I avoided it given some comments on here, and feedback from a couple mates. but I was surprised and enjoyed it overall. We are definitely lucky to have a quality facility like that and I reckon Sydney needs about 4 more of those scattered North, South, West and SouthWest.

Definitely need to have some ticker to get the most of it ... but those descents are a hoot.

Just me being critical
- rock features on the pinches of climbs. ... bit like up hill pumps ... why bother. I know it adds challenge, particularly for the fitter amongst us ... but every one had a smooth B line around them which has to tell you something ... even the fitter riders are about efficiency. ... Anywho, I did a couple, then started following the easy line

Big thanks to all involved in getting that one legit !

Fairtex

Cannon Fodder
Hey guys
For those that have ridden Wylde, any word on whether any of it's doable with a child (toddler 2.5 yrs) on board? If so, what sections would you recommend? She'd be riding up front with me on a 'wee ride' chair - pic of our rig below. We did 'loop 1' at Stromlo around Canberra today (for those that know it) and fared fine.

Cheers

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
To bring back an old thread, the m12 Badgery's Creek airport motorway route has been selected. Wylde looks set to cop a bit of choppage but not the lot. Thankfully the funner sections after the 3km turn off might be safe. NFI if this goes straight through or is an overpass on some kind. Strongly think it will be the former.

Overall, it is win if it mostly left standing. Since it has official buy-in and a lot of punters using it then some new trails would have to be in order which might not be too bad. Hands off Multiple Choice cos' I like that bit :)

Pity they are just building the new toilets now. I guess the m12 contractors will make good use of them. The map hints that the junction of the MTB park and the serial killers / jihadist's training ground next door which its right where the car park entrance is and could be spared.

Time will tell. I'm not the biggest fan of Wylde but it is fun and close and good excuse to dodge my responsibilities and bugger off for bicycle time. That in itself is enough to hope for the best.

m12route.jpg

Reference doc's,
http://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/documents/projects/sydney-west/m12-motorway/m12-motorway-preferred-corridor-route-community-update-2016-11.pdf

Last edited:

stirk

Burner
Build airport next to World heritage listed area and the cities main water supply, get area removed from World heritage list, start fracking the place up.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Build airport next to World heritage listed area and the cities main water supply, get area removed from World heritage list, start fracking the place up.
I've heard the glide path will be from Blaxland eventually. No one is going to like that either.

There's no techy bits at Wylde but for a flat knacker pedal-a-thon I like it, I wouldn't want to see it changed at all but some dunnies I guess would be nice.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
There's no techy bits at Wylde but for a flat knacker pedal-a-thon I like it,
There are bits of rocky bits which aren't that hairy but, yes, you are right. It is more suited to 29's CF hardtails.
That off-camber drop over the tree near dam 3 always makes me feel like I'm going to lose it. Pick a messy line to keep things interesting.

I wouldn't want to see it changed at all but some dunnies I guess would be nice.
There are plenty of trees and don't have a curry night before a big day of riding.
This is great advice and my gift to you Mr Pancreas, enjoy and use wisely :dance:

MarioM

Likes Dirt
Can anyone let me know if the area is rain affected today ? I know Sydney has had rain but it is a big area . Nothing on Facebook , looks like they don`t update often .

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
There's no techy bits at Wylde but for a flat knacker pedal-a-thon I like it, I wouldn't want to see it changed at all but some dunnies I guess would be nice.
Toilets have there for a few months now. No longer having to worry about have a slash next to the trail while a black snake or goanna sizes up Mr Happy as a tasty appetising morsel. I guess they could also camp out in the toilets but I won't mention that one.

Toilets have there for a few months now. No longer having to worry about have a slash next to the trail while a black snake or goanna sizes up Mr Happy as a tasty appetising morsel. I guess they could also camp out in the toilets but I won't mention that one.
That'd be as close to a blow job Mr Happy (aka Mr Unemployed) would've been for quite some time.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Shaz goes alright, just gotta let her take the falsies out first
I've seen ice teeth and it makes English teeth look good.

At least falsies would stop any accidental injuries due to sneezing or lockjaw that no one would like to think about.

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Some shit news for Wylde users here:

Seems the new airport requires a new motorway.
It always was going to get a chop and re-route. This came today.

https://wsip.consultationmanager.co...ay/m12-motorway-community-update-oct-2019.pdf

I would be surprised if they killed it totally since it is well used. It fills a need.

You never know though.