X-Fusion Metric HLR Fork (160mm to 180mm, 36mm stanchions)

Ideate

Nice.
Did you buy them direct from diymtb?
Yeah, direct from diymtb. They're really nice guys and even though they encourage you to through your lbs they'll ship directly to your door. I think they're actually moving their business model to more sales, less servicing.

If I want something from them though, I still start the email with: "I've contacted all my direct local bike shops and none of them have stock. DO you have any xxx and can you ship it to me please?..."

They've never declined.

As for the Metric's.. haven't put them on my bike yet but they look SAWEET. I snuck them into bed last night (missus wasn't too happy I was spooning my lowers and fondling the high/low compression knobs).

BKMad

Likes Dirt
Yeah, direct from diymtb. They're really nice guys and even though they encourage you to through your lbs they'll ship directly to your door. I think they're actually moving their business model to more sales, less servicing.

If I want something from them though, I still start the email with: "I've contacted all my direct local bike shops and none of them have stock. DO you have any xxx and can you ship it to me please?..."

They've never declined.

As for the Metric's.. haven't put them on my bike yet but they look SAWEET. I snuck them into bed last night (missus wasn't too happy I was spooning my lowers and fondling the high/low compression knobs).
Thanks. I'll give the LBS another try and if they're not interested I'll go direct. Be sure to post up pics of your metrics on the bike and a ride report would be great too. Not asking for much am I?

Ideate

Be sure to post up pics of your metrics on the bike and a ride report would be great too. Not asking for much am I?
Pictures I'm good at.. I'll probably put them on Thursday ready for the weekend.

I can already say that they feel lighter than my previuous fox 36 vans 180 in the hand. They run through travel smoother and aren't as noisy like the vans (oil mush sond) when compressing against the floor manually. High low speed and rebound work great too. This has no merit toward actual ride performance... though it's a good sign of things to come.

wotsis

Likes Dirt
I can already say that they feel lighter than my previuous fox 36 vans 180 in the hand. They run through travel smoother and aren't as noisy like the vans (oil mush sond) when compressing against the floor manually. High low speed and rebound work great too. This has no merit toward actual ride performance... though it's a good sign of things to come.
Mine now do a bit of an oil mush sound on compression, which I only notice when bouncing around on a road. I have no idea if this is anything to be concerned with and have assumed that it's not.

Ideate

Forks are awesome (can't say actually, only had a bash in the backyard between breaks in the rainy weather). Hopefully I can get out tomorrow properly somewhere.

ONE thing they stuffed up though is the cable guide. If you've got a Goodridge line on the front, then you're going to have a bad time. Not only is it made for thin stock Shimano type hoses, it forces the cable outward like they want you to shorten the top to run directly down and then outside the forks to your calliper. Other than that I love them.. I don't mind the 6mm allen key axel through bolt with 5mm tightner (some said they don't like it).

Slants are going up for sale if anyone's interested.

dartmoor_wish_metrics.jpg

metric_slant.jpg

metric_slant_back.jpg

Rider_of_Bikes

Likes Dirt
Bit of a grave dig but anyone still running these forks?
I am considering a set at 180mm for a burly 27.5 build.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Ideate

Bit of a grave dig but anyone still running these forks?
I am considering a set at 180mm for a burly 27.5 build.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Yeah I still run them as Boomie said. Been a great fork although I looked after them.. But I suppose anything fucks up if you don't.

I originally had them on my old Dartmoor Wish @180mm (lol what was I thinking).. Then I lowered them to 160mm and put them on a number of hardtails before settling on the Spitfire. A few months ago I put them back to 180mm for the Darkside which was sweet but I cut my steerer too short so stem options were limited.

I was going to sell them recently and buy some Suntour Durolux but decided to donate them back to the Spit-e project. They're starting to creak (might be something else) but I'll probably keep them forever. Great fork.

Beej1

You're the only one that's noticed so far :behindsofa: I'll share in a new thread soon.
Oh I noticed. Was going to reply with a:

What. Even. Is?

But figured there must be a thread floating around somewhere and got distracted while searching...

Looking forward to some Frankensteinian details.