X-Fusion Vengeance

sanderscain

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, so just recently I bought a 2012 coil spring version of the X-Fusion Vengeance under the impression that they were fairly easy to lower from the standard 160mm to 100mm for dirt jumping. Does anyone here have knowledge of these forks and knows whether this is possible and the best way to go about it?
Thanks
Sanders

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just lowered my Air 2012 Vengeance easily. It was a matter of taking out the air rod, and shifting a spacer down the shaft. It took me half an hour, and I am in no way a suspension guru.

Coil forks however, are a whole different ball game. You have to either, jam spacers under the coil, so it limits the movement and the uppers can't go up more then 100mm. But this will cause the fork to ramp up under compression. To avoid this people cut the coil, which takes a lot of dicking around. Do-able? Yes! Would I do it? Dear god no, i'd balls it up. I would however send it to a fork shop, NSDynamics, Tekkin etc etc, and let them work there magic. Cause you will either end up with a fork that feels terrible, or possibly destroy them in the process.

If you are so inclined to go down the cutting/spacing path, search for a guide to lower a coil fork, like a Fox Van 36 or Totem. The internals and general process will be relatively similar.

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Put in a spring form Argyles or circus, and a 60mm spacer under the negative spring to take up the slack. Might need a firmer negative spring also

Last edited:

sanderscain

Likes Dirt
Thanks for all the help guys.

Mr Kurt don't suppose you have an idea on price? I do think that's the way I'll go, not too keen on a dodgy set of forks haha.

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for all the help guys.

Mr Kurt don't suppose you have an idea on price? I do think that's the way I'll go, not too keen on a dodgy set of forks haha.
I couldn't tell you. I've never done it (I have bought already lowered forks though). The above link lets you lower the newer coil forks 10mm, but I don't think yours has that shim inside it. But you want to drop yours 60mm anyways. You might have to contact them. Alternatively, you could skip the whole procedure and trade someone for a set of older Pikes, argyles or DJ1's. They all come at 100mm (the pike is adjustable between 140-100 by the turn of a dial). I would be considering this path.

sanderscain

Likes Dirt
I've contacted both NSDynamics and tekin suspension, NSDynamics quoted me 180 with a service or Tekin offered 130 with a basic service. I'm leaning towards this option as I'm considering getting a stiffer spring for it and it will still work out to be a reasonable price overall.