X-up Festival: FMB tour n all

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere

X-up - January 2013

Autralia’s newest MTB / BMX comp.

Held over 3 days at Mt Penang Parklands on the Central Coast NSW featuring an FMB World Tour Slopestyle MTB competition, A BMX Dirt Jump Competition, an All-Mountain (AM) Mountain bike race, a unique skills training area and Dam Jump Comp.

Open air festival style music, food and beverage stalls, clothing and bike stalls, interactive video walls, live streaming to the internet, and camping grounds.

Free play areas including skills area with drops, ladder bridges, skinnies, dirt jumps, tabletops AND a BAG JUMP

Autralia’s best BMX/MTB course to date checked by this country’s top riders. Forget the rest X-up will be the only event in Australia with real prize money ($25000 prize pool) for BMX and MTB riders, and be the event that declares who is Best Down Under.

Full details of this event will be released in August 2012 so check back for details.

So who's going? we should see plenty of NZ lad's coming over!

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Wow, awesome work Rick! very exciting stuff.
Good work to nick and the crew for getting it all organized, and taking it on! more people get behind it the better, keen to see if Jackson and Taniora can play ball, fingers crossed!

sounds sick! really good to see events like this accepting both mtb and bmxers, its important to keep it all friendly between both groups haha

twosixer

Likes Bikes
Good to see a push in FMB in NSW
Hope the bug catch's and we see more after this one
Good work and thanks to everyone involved
I would donate time to build stuff like this in Newcastle area (Builder with ramp experience) if someone puts something like this on in Newy area in future
PM me

Trigger02

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is going to be off tap. Great news!!!!! How do i get involved?

Please let me know if you need marketing material. We have a 5m large format printer along with small format and do banners, signs, posters or flyers ect.... I will very happy to help if needed :)

Last edited:
are there any pics/videos of the track? would love to see what the jumps are like.
Building starts dec 1st . got 7 weeks to dial it in. Central Coast's Danny Stevenson is shaping the bmx dirt course. Slopestyle line is being built by the GV crew..

Here's a pic of the first ramp built for the slopestyle line .. got 5 more plus a big booter for the end jump feature . The course will be mind blowing and will start the international season of freeride mtb and freestyle bmx 2013 in style.. there has never been an oz comp course like this before...

29833_10151224993331692_1539445411_n.jpg

All mountain race ? it's not on the schedule
we had to take it out of the schedule - hope youcan make it though..

Your general entry ticket lets you ride everything thats there.

- Bagjump, freeride lines, dirt jumps and the Xup Comp Course

Plenty of side events including the High Jump Comp on the airbag, and the whip-off competition

ALso now added an FMX show on the sunday finals day..

get behind it and support the event..